Deadline of this Job: 20 January 2023JOB DETAILS:
Sino Metals Leach Zambia Limited, a subsidiary of CNMC group, a mining Company located in Chambishi Area on the Copperbelt engaged in extraction of copper and other minerals – Producer of: Copper Cathodes and Copper Blisters.
Sino Metals Leach Zambia Limited is inviting determined and ambitious applicants seeking an opportunity to gain experience in the mining industry who have a desire to learn and develop in the accounting profession for the vacant position of Accountant in Chambishi on the Copperbelt province of Zambia.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, your duties will include but not limited to the following.
• Development, implementation and support the entities objectivity through continual audit of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with company requirements for Accounting Records and standards, Taxation and Asset protection and internal financial controls.
• Recording of Financial and business transactions in the accounting software package.
• Tax management- (VAT Payable/Claim, VAT credibility report, Withholding VAT, Withholding Tax, PAYE and Mineral Royalty).
• Assist in Tax Audit processes with ZRA and External Auditors.
• Bank, Payable and receivable reconciliation.
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
• Must be a holder of CA Zambia II, ACCA II, CIMA II, Diploma in Accountancy, or any Finance related field.
• A member of ZICA.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
• Methodical, honest and integrity.
• Age 23 and above.
Deadline of this Job: 12 January 2023JOB DETAILS:
• Processing transactions, issuing checks, and updating ledgers, budgets, etc.
• Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
• Bank reconciliation statements
• Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
• Comply with financial policies and regulations
• Providing support to the Accounting Department.
• Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.
• Reconcile invoices and identify discrepancies
• Maintain digital and physical financial records
• Issue invoices to customers and external partners, as needed
• Participate in quarterly and annual audit
• Prepare budget forecasts
Food and beverage cost control duties
• Assist in control of food and beverage in terms of waste and efficiency
• Preparation of weekly variance reports for food, beverage and other areas
• Checking for voids, discounts, complementary sales in POS system
• Checking and verifying settlements in POS system
• Checking and verifying that all sales have been correctly transferred to POS and PMS system
• Ensure that all menu items on POS are correctly priced and loaded
• Conduct daily restaurant and bar checks
• Tally all end of day reports from POS tills
• Study weaknesses in food and beverage and provide suggestions for improvements
• Prepare weekly staff cost report
• Conduct regular spot-checks in receiving departments to ensure scares are correct
• Weigh hotel food waste regularly to ensure its within acceptable levels
• Responsible to maintain menu pricing, consumption and other related duties in POS system
• CA Zambia Application Lever/Advanced Diploma/ZICA Licentiate level, or Degree in accounting of ACCA /CIMA intermediate stage
• At least 2 years’ experience working in accounting field
• Work experience working in Hotel Food and Beverage control is an added advantage
• Experience working with accounting software
• Knowledge in POS and PMS systems
• Good analytical skills and attention to detail
• Good communication skills
Deadline of this Job: 13 January 2023JOB DETAILS:
• Carry out Premier Credit’s budgetary control, monthly management Accounts reporting, financial analysis and forecasting; cost and revenue management, fixed assets management and accounting.
• Ensure timely update of the transactions in the company’s Financial system, thereby providing the accurate of financial records and compliance with best practice financial management principles and regulatory requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Drive the implementation of the Company’s operational strategy, work plans, programs, systems, controls, policies and procedures to ensure a rigorous financial framework in alignment with Premier Credit’s strategic goals.
• Provide input to the development of Premier Credit’s budgeting guidelines, policies and procedures ensuring inculcation of best practices and alignment with local operating regulations and requirements.
• Drive the budgeting process and ensure inputs from all departments are in compliance with stated guidelines and that exceptions are escalated appropriately.
• Ensure timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual management reports to aid management decision-making process.
• Ensure on-going review, update and documentation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial forecasts, and ratio analyses.
• Ensure collaboration/interface with other departments on financial assessment of projects, business models and business plans.
• Prepare financial reports, ensuring compliance with Premier Credit’s accounting policies and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Implement adequate internal financial control systems and frameworks to ensure appropriate integration of business reporting requirements, the integrity of information contained in and the compliance of Premier Credit’s financial statements with relevant reporting regulations.
• Define and document Premier Credit’s Credit policy guidelines, policies and procedures ensuring inculcation of best practices and ensure adequate monitoring and management of Premier Credit’s credit exposure.
• Ensure effective utilisation of Premier Credit’s financial resources to achieve cost efficiency.
• Proactively identify risks, and define and implement strategies to prevent revenue leakage.
• Provide broad guidelines for the management of Premier Credit’s fixed assets from an accounting perspective, ensuring that organisational policies with respect to accounting for fixed assets are adhered to at all times.
• Regularly update Premier Credit’s accounting policies and procedures manual and ensure compliance with the same.
• Keep abreast of changes and updates in micro and macroeconomic policies and advice the Chief Financial Officer/Finance Manager on the implications for the business.
• Coordinate the preparation of departmental budget and approve departmental expenditure in line with approved authority limits.
• Provide overall guidance, leadership support and strategic direction in the execution of the department’s functions.
• Prepare and submit periodic reports to the CFO/Finance Manager on the activities of the department.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the CFO/Finance Manager.
Education and Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other related discipline.
• Relevant professional qualifications such as ACCA, CIMA ACA, ZICA (CA), or equivalent.
• Minimum of twelve (5) years relevant experience with at least three (3) in a similar role.