Deadline of this Job: 18 January 2023JOB DETAILS:
Location: Zambia National Public Health Institute (ZNPHI)
Reports to: PHEOC Manager.
The watch officer monitor and triage information of public health significance for situational awareness in the PHEOC
• Responsibilities/Principal Accountabilities
• Responsible for employing and developing knowledge management tools and information exchange capabilities.
• Establishes a common operating picture (COP), to supports response to threats and hazards to the nation by collecting, sharing and displaying multi-dimensional information that facilitates collaborative planning, and responses to these threats.
• Assist with the data standardization and collection tool and to develop geospatial visualization and statistical analysis tool in PHEOC
• Plans, develops, and implements protocols for tracking critical response resource for situational awareness, such as location and status of people at-risk and staff), physical assets and medical countermeasure and supplies) and determines information requirements and reporting schedules.
• Coordinate daily to satisfy emergency management and situation awareness needs by coordinating public health information technologies, concepts, principles, practices, methods, and techniques.
• Coordinate planning support activities for PHEOC.
• Establishes information requirements and reporting schedules and templates.
• Ensure information collection activities are undertaken as necessary from GIS, Weather. Other Intelligence Analysis, surveillance and Informatics.
• Identify and manage the systems for daily disease and event specific such as disease outbreaks. and the notification of division and agency leadership for situational awareness
• Monitor, gather, process, and analyze strategic and tactical information of public health significance.
• Maintains status of National health and divisional resources involved in public health emergencies and assists in the development and disseminates routine, special, and ad hoc reports
• Available and able to perform shift work as required.
• Compiling and distributing Daily Situation Report (SITREP) and assist in the development of the Incident Action Plan.
• Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with Five (5) Credits or better including Mathematics and English
• Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Medicine, Environmental health, Biomedical Sciences, Public Health or related
• A Master's Degree in Public Health or Epidemiology
• Experience and skills
• Experience in disease Surveillance and Emergency Preparedness and response
• Experience with various forms of data analysis and reporting techniques.
• Broad knowledge of the mission, function and practices of MOH and ZNPHI preferred.
• Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
• Able to think strategically, use good judgment, and solve problems creatively to enhance and increase operational effectiveness
• Strong written communications skills and ability to organize, assimilate, and present information clearly. Ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Must be a team player and excellent time management skills
Deadline of this Job: 18 January 2023JOB DETAILS:
The Ministry of Health (MOH) Cooperative Agreement supported by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) aims at supporting the Strengthening of the Ministry's capacity to provide Leadership to the National
HIV/AIDS Response through coordination, policy development, mentorship and training. MOH seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced person to be appointed to the under listed position under this project:
Location: Zambia National Public Health Institute
Reports to: Director General-Zambia National Public Health Institute
The Board Secretary and Legal Counsel shall be responsible for providing legal advice and ensuring that the interests of the Zambia National Public Health (ZNPHI) are safeguarded.
• Undertakes effectively the provision of secretarial services to the ZNPHI Board in order to facilitate smooth conduct of business
• Undertakes timely review and preparation of contracts, agreements, laws, regulations, memoranda of understanding, and other legal documents in order to safeguard interests of the ZNPHI
• Provides timely legal opinions on matters of interest to the ZNPHI in order to ensure adherence to the provisions of the law and avoid financial loss
• Undertakes effectively representation of the ZNPHI in court in order to protect the interest of the Institute
• Undertakes timely development of Individual Work Plan and in order to monitor and evaluate performance
• Coordinates Board meetings along with those of their committees in order to ensure effective implementation of policies
• Ensure comprehensive record of actions agreed at the meetings are maintained and actions are followed up and reported on at the appropriate subsequent meeting
• Prepare and present governance reports to the ZNPHI Board and to relevant Committees and external agencies as required to deliver integrated governance strategy and requirement Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time
• Full Grade 12 School Certificate with minimum five O level credits including English and Mathematics
• Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
• Master of Laws in Corporate Law or related field
• Experience and skills
• Minimum of five (5) years of practice as an advocate of the High Court of Zambia
• Minimum of 5 years of Work experience as Board Secretary or related responsibilities is desirable
• Experience working in or with a governmental agency preferably in Zambia
• Experience working in the health sector is desirable
• Familiarity with ZNPHI's role in health security in Zambia
• Experience working with and on Donor funded projects is an added advantage
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Team building skills
• Must be computer literate and proficient in MS Office
• Excellent interpersonal and public relation skills
• Capacity in decision-making and problem-solving
• Diploma in accounts / marketing / public administration
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Experience in Administration
• Proficient with computer
• Driving License is an added advantage
Deadline of this Job: 12 January 2023JOB DETAILS:
General Summary and Background
USAID Zambia Program for Advancing Supply Chain Outcomes (PASCO) is a commodity distribution program that aims to create sustainable access to safe, effective, quality-assured, and affordable lifesaving health commodities by strengthening capacity for transportation and distribution systems in consultation with the Zambia Medicines and Medical Supplies Agency (ZAMMSA).
The project seeks to recruit for the positions of:
Job Title: Administrative and Logistics Officers (2)
Reporting to: Office Procurement and Administration Specialist
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative and Logistics Officer (ALO) will work with the Office Procurement and Administration staff to provide driving services and administrative/logistical support in various functions. The Administrative and Logistics Officer will be responsible for driving a project vehicle and ensuring that assigned vehicles are well maintained. The ALO will also be responsible for coordination of administration and logistics for meetings and trainings, and will provide ad hoc support to the Office Procurement and Administration team as requested.
• Drive and maintain a project vehicle, as assigned and/or pre-approved by a supervisor. Assignments may include scheduled field trips, project-related trips within or outside Lusaka, and other driving assignments as required.
• Check assigned vehicle weekly to ensure that it is operational and safe to drive. On a weekly basis, check the oil, radiator, fan belt, brake fluid, wipers, tires, lights, signals and ensure cleanliness of assigned vehicle.
• Initiate and coordinate any repairs required on assigned vehicles with supervisor’s approval.
• Initiate and coordinate routine periodic maintenance of assigned project vehicles, including oil and filter changes, tune-ups, and professional cleaning by high-pressure hose based on the manufacturer’s instructions on optimum maintenance requirements.
• Fulfill project reporting requirements and maintain records, including vehicle logs, vehicle routing, and vehicle condition.
• Ensure passenger safety by obeying traffic laws, driving carefully, and ensuring each person in the vehicle wears a seatbelt and signs required waiver forms as required.
• Maintain schedule of all expected and actual tracker and ensure appropriate planning and records management for fleet movements.
• Provide administrative support to all meetings and trainings both at the PASCO office or externally.
• Provide administrative support the Office Procurement and Administration team, as requested by supervisor.
• Verify that USAID regulations, Chemonics policies, and quality management best practices are enforced consistently.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, and Competencies
• Grade 12 school certificate required; English literacy and numeracy required.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience; Experience working for a U.S. company or NGO in Zambia highly preferred.
• Valid Zambian driver’s license Class C and good driving record of not less than five (5) years is required.
• Understanding of auto mechanics required; Certification in mechanics or automobile maintenance will be an added advantage.
• Must be in good physical health.
• Availability for overtime work and field travel is required.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
• Fluency in English required.
Location of Assignment
The location of assignment is Lusaka, Zambia with intermittent travel throughout the country.
Deadline of this Job: 20 January 2023JOB DETAILS:
Healthy Learners is an award-winning non-profit organization committed to improving the health of children in Zambia and beyond. Healthy Learners is achieving this through our unique model of school-based community health by training teachers in community health care and making schools entry points into the public healthcare system. We currently serve over 500,000 students across Lusaka, Choma, Ndola and Kitwe, Kabwe and Solwezi, where we are working with the Zambian government to scale nationally. Visit: www.healthylearners.com
Healthy Learners is continuing to grow and expand in Zambia and is seeking to recruit the services of qualified talented and dedicated professionals to fill the position of Program Mentors (6).
We are looking for talented, self-driven, and dedicated Program Mentors for our site locations. The Program Mentors are responsible for support in implementation and monitoring of the school health program and to provide mentorship and technical support to implementing partners (e.g. classroom teachers, school administrators and health facility staff). A strong candidate should be passionate for the mission of Healthy Learners and have a great work ethic, high energy, excellent verbal communication skills and experience in clinical care. The job will require the successful candidate to spend the majority of his/her time in the field at partner schools.
POSITION: PROGRAM MENTOR – (2) LUSAKA (1) KABWE, (1) CHOMA (1) MONZE AND (1) MAZABUKA : FULL TIME
The Program Mentor will be reporting to the Program Coordinator.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor implementation of the school health programme and identify technical support needs
• Review data, reports and performance action plans for schools
• Observe the performance of school health teachers and provide technical support and mentorship on topics including, but not limited to, the following:
o Clinical assessments (including bedside manner and use of ThinkMD)
o Drug distribution
o Health Room management
o Health Education
o Implementation of the Buddy System
• Support school administrators, school health teachers and other classroom teachers to implement improvement strategies
• Provide one-to-one mentorship to school health teachers, encouraging those that are performing well and supporting those experiencing challenges.
• Prepare daily write-ups of site-visits to document key observations recommendations made, and plans for follow-up
• Inform the program coordinator and/or responsible program officer of any challenges and advise if a meeting with the school administrator is necessary
• Support monthly mentorship meetings and other programme activities for teachers, school admin and health facility staff as required
• Work with the Program’s department to provide technical support to school health mentors in order to strengthen their mentorship skills and understanding of the program
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
• Minimum Diploma in a clinical practice field (e.g. nursing, environmental health, public health)
• At least 3 years’ experience working in a clinical setting (e.g. clinic, hospital)
• Willingness to travel, & spend time in communities at different schools and program locations
• Possess driver’s license, a motorbike driver’s license or willingness to learn is a plus
• Strong consistent partner focus philosophy and able to relate well stakeholders
• High degree of humility and emotional intelligence
• Ability to convey a professional and positive attitude with a courteous and efficient manner.
• Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to clearly and effectively deliver feedback.
• Great interpersonal communication skills; including report writing ,facilitation and conflict resolution skills, with ability to relate well with educators, health workers and members of the community
• Ability to explain issues and requirements in simple terms
• Well organized and consistent in setting priorities and meeting realistic deadlines
• Proven ability to work with limited supervision
• Effective time management and project management skills
• An interest in and the ability to mentor on health and other programme related matters