Deadline of this Job: 31 January 2023JOB DETAILS:
To achieve business goals and brand saliency by devising strategies for Zamtel, in line with the overall brand strategy and subsequently plan and implement the same across all market segments in the Zambian market.
Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Mass Communication or related discipline, Post Graduate- Chartered Institute of Marketing
Minimum Experience :
Minimum 5 years of work experience in similar industry organization Work experience in advertising agency will be an added advantage. 3 years in Management role
Branding ,stakeholder management ,Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills
Senior Strategic Health Communications Advisor job at Global Health Technical Assistance and Mission Support Project (GH-TAMS)
Deadline of this Job: 09 January 2023JOB DETAILS:
GH-TAMS is seeking candidates for a Senior Strategic Health Communications Advisor for a six-month assignment with USAID/Zambia. The consultancy will be in person in Zambia at 133 days of effort. The approximately Start date is approximately February 1, 2023.
To provide strategic health communications support to USAID/Zambia’s Health Office. The consultant will lead the development and updating of key public-facing health office materials and work with the team for 6 months.
Role and Responsibilities:
The consultant will provide communications support including but not limited to:
• Draft and manage communication strategies from conception through delivery, evaluation, and assessment.
• Develop and produce externally facing communications products around USAID/Zambia’s Health Programs (fact sheets, success stories, blog posts, articles, press kits, videos etc.) with an understanding of how these materials affect public perceptions and understanding of USAID programs.
• Maintain ongoing, daily responsibility for reviewing/editing programmatic documents (external communications and reports, etc.).
• Edit and revise material prior to publication and determines the readiness of written material for public release and obtain appropriate USAID clearances and approvals.
• Create relevant and engaging social media content that raises awareness of USAID/Zambia’s Health programming and other health activity.
• Routinely review and synthesize implementing partner reports, the Ministry of Health (MOH) documents, and other documents.
• Work with the Development Outreach and Communication (DOC) team to plan site visits and PR events that disseminate the Office’s Health-related activities.
• Lead development of speeches and official remarks for USAID Zambia principals.
• Provide communications guidance and mentoring to Health Office staff and implementing partners.
• Participate in routine field monitoring and partner supportive supervision visits to identify and develop public facing success stories.
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in project communications and outreach; health sector experience strongly preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, International Development, or other communication-related disciplines. Advanced degree in a communication relevant discipline preferred.
• English fluency, both written and spoken, is required. Must have highly developed written skills. Editorial skills – must be thoroughly versed in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Must be able to marshal and present facts and recommendations in a clear, concise manner, both orally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to work with teams to produce written products and media, adhering to deadlines and short turn-around times.
• Strong ability to report on findings in clear, succinct, standardized formats.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment, and ability to take on leadership roles within a technical area or team.
• Must be able to understand complex information, have analytical ability and is able to work independently and creatively.
• Must be able to provide training, advice and support to U.S. and Zambian staff on public outreach principles, writing, editing, and drafting speeches, talking points, and press releases.
• Experience building and implementing communications strategy and providing communications advising services to project and client teams.
• Strong computer skills: Able to produce concise, clear reports, and visually appealing reports.
About the Organization
The Global Health Technical Assistance and Mission Support Project (GH-TAMS) is a five-year USAID-funded activity providing the Bureau for Global Health (GH) and USAID field missions with high quality technical expertise to achieve the Agency’s foreign assistance global health mission. With start-up in the fall of 2019, GH-TAMS follows the success of the Global Health Program Cycle Improvement Project (GH Pro).
GH-TAMS technical assistance covers a broad range of technical areas and cross-cutting issues such as HIV/AIDS. family planning, MNCH, infectious disease, TB, health finance, reproductive health, organizational development, OVC, project design, facilitation, M&E and strategic planning.
Project assignments are located in Washington D.C. and worldwide in Africa, Asia and elsewhere. Assignments typically range from two weeks to six months in duration.