Deadline of this Job: 31 January 2023JOB DETAILS:
NIRAS International Consulting (NIC) is participating in a tender in Zambia under the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) implemented “Thriving through innovative vocational education in the water and energy sectors (THRIVE)” Project in Zambia.
We, therefore, seek to find a National vocational training expert for partner VTIs in Luapula Province for the consultancy services in technical and vocational education and training (TEVET) in the water- and solar energy sector.
The opportunity is at the tendering stage in the GIZ tender process.
About the project:
Commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the GIZ is implementing a new Technical Cooperation (TC) Project “Thriving through innovative vocational education in the water and energy sectors (THRIVE)” in Zambia. The THRIVE project is part of the “Water in Zambia”, a German Development Cooperation (GDC) Programme whose aim is integrated management of Zambia’s water resources and improved access to safe drinking water and adequate sanitation.
The overall objective of the THRIVE Project is the labour market orientation of technical vocational education and training in the water and solar energy sectors is increased for young people. The THRIVE Project supports vocational training institutions (VTI) through labour market-oriented training and in-service training in the solar energy and water sector in cooperation with public and private companies. Through the improvement of competencies of skilled workers, the project creates significant preconditions to the introduction of solar powered electricity supply systems as well as for the sustainability of sanitation and water supply, thereby, contributing to the impact logic of the GDC programme.
Tasks of the National vocational training expert for partner VTIs in Luapula Province:
Based at the two partner VTIs in Luapula Province with occasional assignments in partner VTIs in Lusaka and/or Southern Province, the National vocational training expert for partner VTIs in Luapula Province will have the following tasks:
• Assume responsibility for advisory services in gender sensitive planning and implementation training courses in the two partner VTIs in Luapula Province
• Assume overall responsibility for the implementation and monitoring of tasks related to Output 2 and 3 with the two partner VTIs in Luapula Province, including coordination and collaboration with other partner VTIs
• Assist team leader in selection and specification of training equipment and tools for VTIs in Lusaka, including installation, as well as in preparation of local subsidies for of local for partner contributions related to the TVET courses
• Assist team leader in management support to VTIs, incl. organizational issues, strategic planning, financing and marketing
• Assist team leader in assignment of short-term specialists for the design of training materials and in activities related to training of trainers and support to the implementation of training courses
• Assist partner VTIs the participation in coordination formats incl. skills advisory groups in the water and solar energy sectors
• Closely work with VTIs selected employment and entrepreneurship officers to build up relations with private and public sector companies for industry training components and employment opportunities
• Assume administrative duties such as setting up meetings and workshops related to project activities
• Perform other duties assigned by the team leader according to requirements
Only the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
• Education/training: University degree (BSc) in the field of vocational education, water and/or environmental management, electrical or mechanical engineering, or business administration
• Languages: Proficient language skills in English (level C1 according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) (5 out of of total of 10 points in assessment) and proficiency in Bemba (remaining 5 points in assessment)
• Valid driving licence required and familiarity with driving vehicles with manual transmission.
Professional experience required
• General professional experience: 10 years of professional experience in capacity building in the operation and management of utility service providers (such as water supply, sanitation or electricity supply).
• Specific professional experience: 5 years of professional experience in TEVET in plumbing and/or water supply and sanitation and/or construction and/or electrical technology (5 out of 10 points in technical assessment), thereof 2 years work experience in TEVET-industry collaboration (remaining 5 points in technical assessment)
• Leadership/management experience: not applicable
• Regional experience: 6 years of work experience in Zambia (5 out of 10 points in technical assessment) and 2 years in the east and/or south African region (outside of Zambia) (remaining 5 points in technical assessment)
• Development cooperation (DC) experience: 2 years of experience working on DC projects
• Other: 2 assignments with gender-related measures in the past 3 years
May 2023 (tentative)
Deadline For Applications
Deadline of this Job: 26 January 2023JOB DETAILS:
The academy was founded in 20th October 2022 to contribute to the provision of quality education in Zambia and Worldwide. The Academy will provide training to worldwide learners by leveraging technology making learning easily accessible and affordable. The academy shall provide training for both in-service health care providers and learners seeking to start their career path in health with some strict criteria to be followed. Our learners will be provided with two certificates, one from our partner from the United States of America whose website provides us with a website which allows learners to learn at their own pace and time, carry out their assessments as well as have a one on one interaction with their tutors and the other from Billiard Training Academy. Our learners will be advantaged as they do not need to travel if they are in full time employment as they will be learning simply by logging in a system.
VISION: To be a leading online learning academy which provides affordable but quality education to the masses.
MISSION: To equip our learners with demanding skills and knowledge by ensuring that they contribute back in fighting poverty reduction
We are looking for part time lecturers to fill this position.
Qualifications and experience:
Diploma or degree in Psycho-Social Counselling, Public Health Counselling, Social Work, Psychology or any other related Courses
Minimum 1-2 years’ experience
Registered by Zambian Counseling Council with valid practicing license.
Speak fluent English and able to teach adequately.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Deadline of this Job: 15 February 2023JOB DETAILS:
Based in Lusaka, Zambia, Lusaka International Community School (LICS) is a co-educational, secular, fee-paying, non-profit school, which provides an internationally recognised education to a culturally diverse, globally-minded student body in a caring and supportive learning environment. LICS holds in high esteem its vision statement which is to “maximise the potential of future world citizens”.
LICS is a leading independent Pre-Primary, Primary, and Secondary School based in the leafy suburb of Roma in Lusaka, Zambia, and is a member of CIS, AISA, and ISAZ.
The school currently has an opening and is looking for a suitably qualified individual to join the LICS community as s Student Support Services Teacher with effect 1st August 2023.
• Proven experience as a Special Education Teacher with good knowledge of current special education methodology.
• Proven ability and experience in teaching students with a range of special educational needs across the Primary School.
• Excellent English language reading and writing skills.
• IT literacy, knowledge, and experience of Microsoft Office suite Pro
• Knowledge of a range of digital tools and apps that support the development of literacy and numeracy, or key skills is desirable.
• Proven ability to carry out diagnostic assessments, interpret results and communicate these effectively to interested parties.
• Should be committed to keeping up to date with educational developments.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven team player.
• Experience with the Cambridge International Curriculum is preferable.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of learners and how they learn.
• Know subject and curriculum content and how to teach it.
• Establish professional relationships to develop and support learning and teaching.
• Implement effective planning, teaching, learning, and assessment practice.
• Demonstrate innovative and effective classroom practice.
• Create and maintain a safe and inclusive learning environment.
• Engage professionally with parents and communities
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Bachelor’s degree, QTS, PGCE, and/or PGCE at Primary level (or equivalent).
4. Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities
• Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect an understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
• Assess, record, and report the development, progress, and attainment of learners according to the school’s assessment policy.
• Ensure that the school maintains a lively, stimulating environment e.g. through regularly renewed displays of learners’ work.
• Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
• To write informative and detailed reports to share with parents and teachers to impart up-to-date information on the student’s progress and ability, from which targets are set.
• Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerised reports, records, and other documents required.
• Advise and co-operate with the Leadership team and other teachers on the preparation and development of the curriculum, teaching materials, teaching programs, methods of teaching and assessment, and pastoral arrangements.
• Supervise and, so far as is practicable, teach any learners whose teacher is not available to teach them as assigned by Administration.
• Safeguard the health and safety of the children and promote their well-being at all times.
• Register and monitor learners’ attendance.
• Promote the personal and social well-being of individual learners and any class or group of learners assigned to her.
• Make records of, and reports on, the personal and social needs of learners including incident records/files.
• Communicate and consult with parents, and others concerned with the welfare and progress of the learners under her care.
• Participate in meetings arranged for any of the purposes described above, whether during or outside school hours.
4.3 Special Tasks/Goals
• Take a lead role for KS1 in our Student Support Service.
• Take a lead role in the admissions process including delivering any entry/ placement assessments designed to ascertain additional needs/ special educational needs/ academic potential.
• Prepare student Pen Portraits to share relevant information, teaching strategies, and advice to others in the community.
• Regularly review Pen Portraits and students’ progress.
• Prepare, observe, assess, and invigilate learners for standardised assessment tests relevant to identifying educational needs and difficulties, and to securing access arrangements for exams such as extra time/ reader.
• Support class/ subject teachers to provide differentiated work and a stimulating environment for all learners.
• Coach/mentor other professionals who work with children with special educational needs.
• Collaborate with other key professionals (e.g. school counselors, health professionals, speech therapists) to create holistic intervention plans.
• Support the preparation of students for the transition to the next phase.
6. Application Process
Please visit our website (www.lics.sch.zm/career-opportunities), fill in the online application form and upload a detailed CV with a cover letter along with three referees, one of whom should be your current supervisor by 15.02.2023, Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Lusaka International Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate’s appointment will be subject to full security vetting.
Deadline of this Job: 22 January 2023JOB DETAILS:
Chalo Trust School is looking for a Teacher with a combination of Physics and Chemistry.
• Full grade 12 certificate
• Teaching Diploma from a reputable college
• 3yrs experience
• Be able to teach IGSCE and ECZ syllabus
• Should be between 25yrs and 40yrs
• Be registered with TCZ
• Possess a practicing license