Deadline of this Job: 01 February 2023JOB DETAILS:
We are urgently looking for a dynamic and passionate professional with Sales and Marketing skills or background, as an Intern for 6 months, based on performance to be engaged on a Contract/Permanent basis to be based in Lusaka or Chipata Eastern Province on a Commission basis:
1) A self-starter.
2) Able to market and sell company products and services
3) Team leader & results-orientated.
4) Excellent interpersonal skills.
5) Very good communication skills.
6) Very serious and dedicated to work.
Core Competence Area
1) Diploma or Certificate in Marketing or any Business related field.
4) With or without work experience in a sales & marketing environment.
Deadline of this Job: 23 January 2023JOB DETAILS:
The High Commission of India, Lusaka invites applications from Zambian nationals for the post of Marketing Assistant.
The candidates applying for the posts would have to fulfill following eligibility conditions to be eligible to apply for the posts:
Must be a graduate preferably in Economics/Commerce with minimum 2 years experience in marketing and sales. MBA/PGDM will be given preference. Age limit: maximum upto 30 years of age.
Initial Pay: US$500/- per month.
Head – Marketing and Business Development (Three Year Renewable contract) job at Kafue Gorge Regional Training Centre
Deadline of this Job: 31 January 2023JOB DETAILS:
The Kafue Gorge Regional Training Centre (KGRTC), situated about 100 km south of Lusaka, off Chirundu Road, is a regional training facility offering in-service training in Energy and related technical, and non-technical courses for Africa and beyond. The Centre, in addition, offers quality conference, accommodation and catering services.
KGRTC is inviting applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following vacant position;
Head – Marketing and Business Development (Three Year Renewable contract)
Overall Purpose of the Job
Provide leadership and coordination of KGRTC’s sales and marketing functions. Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies as well as monitor and analyze sales and marketing activities against targets.
Reporting to the Director/CEO of the Training Centre, the Head – Marketing and Business Development will have the following responsibilities:
• Direct and oversee the Centre’s marketing function to identify new products and services.
• Research and develop strategies and plans which identify marketing opportunities, direct marketing and new product development.
• Identify marketing opportunities by understanding consumer requirements.
• Improve product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities.
• Plan and coordinate public affairs and communication efforts to include public relations and community outreach.
• Represent KGRTC at various community and/or business platforms to promote the Centre and create positive relations with partners.
• Supervise marketing and promotion programs.
• Establish and implement short-term and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures in line with the KGRTC Strategic Plan.
• Develop and manage sales and marketing budgets and oversee the development and management of internal operating budgets.
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements;
• Full Grade 12 Certificate
• Degree in Marketing/Business Administration or equivalent from a recognized University
• A Masters Degree will be an added advantage
• Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Marketing
• At least five (5) years work experience at senior management level in marketing and sales management.
• Must be a self-starter
Specific Skill Requirements
The candidate must possess the following specific skills:
• Computer literate with good organizational and communication skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good facilitation and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Good and proven leadership skills with high standards of integrity and morality.
• Relationship building and stakeholder management skills
• Good people management skills
Deadline of this Job: 27 January 2023JOB DETAILS:
A four-year multi-country project with funding from Global Affairs Canada (GAC) through the Feminist International Assistance Policy, aimed at empowering women through agricultural value chains. It is currently applying the sector’s most recent learnings around women’s empowerment to close gender gaps and accelerate the creation of economic opportunities for women. This project has two primary outcomes/ components:1) significant gains in women’s economic empowerment, and 2) global knowledge-sharing and results acceleration.
These main outcome pillars will be supported by 3 intermediate outcomes:
“bringing the market to women” i.e. creating access to the fundamentals necessary for their businesses to prosper “bringing women to the market,” i.e. seeking to remove or mitigate the household, community, industry and regulatory barriers that prevent women from fully participating in the paid economy leverage impact beyond the life and scope of this project by generating insights on how to accelerate women’s empowerment to share with the broader sector.
Project results will be achieved through performance-driven internal collaboration and complementarity with sister projects to create synergies in delivering shared results which include:
Enhanced entrepreneurial capacities of intermediaries – 100 female and mixed Farm Business Advisors (FBAs) as providers of agriculture support services to increase women’s participation in agriculture development initiatives in 6 targeted districts in Central and Copperbelt provinces.
Established performance-based strategic partnerships with women empowerment organizations for gender sensitization, awareness and sustainable access to productive land (ownership and documentation).
Improved access to appropriate technologies and means of production for 10,000 Women and Mixed groups (600 groups) as project primary beneficiaries; Women and mixed groups accessing appropriate technologies and improved business capacity.
Women financial inclusion and integration of Village savings for change and loans activities in Women and Mixed groups. Increasing women farmers’ access to affordable and timely credit for production support.
Increased income opportunities for women by bringing markets closer. Increased capacities of female FBAs and Mixed FBAs to; participate in structured competitive markets, offer competitive aggregation services and train women and mixed groups in good postharvest practices and marketing.
Increased access to affordable working capital / loans for women and mixed FBAs. Monitoring, Evaluating and Learning; interventions, strategies including pilots are detailed / documented to support structured learning, results measurement and reporting is evidence based and statistically qualified, structured and timely sharing of lessons learnt.
The project is now inviting applications for the positions of:
MARKET & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER – HTTG PROJECT
The primary purpose of the Job
The Market & Business Development Officer will provide support services to “Her Time to Grow Project” (HTTG) by identifying opportunities for business growth and creating marketing linkages and strategies based on those opportunities for the targeted communities, enterprises, and individual project beneficiaries: The role will also include capacity building of the targeted audience and emergent SMEs to attain desired growth. The incumbent reports directly to the project manager.
• Participate in the development of the overall strategy of project activities implementation in regard to fine-tuning the needs and environment of Target Beneficiaries/ Persons of Concern.
• Assist and supervise the training of the project beneficiaries in completing their business, financial, and marketing plans.
• Ensure that the database of supported beneficiaries is established, and regularly updated and their progress is regularly monitored and evaluated
Facilitate the formation of Women’s savings groups to increase income bases for entrepreneurial women farmers.
• Ensure that problematic businesses or challenges faced by supported beneficiaries are proactively resolved and relevant support and coaching is provided.
• Develop and support the development of local market, linkage to outside markets and financial institutions.
• Actively participated in socio-economic assessments, market assessments, and value chain analysis for the area and targeted communities;
• Participate in regular reports, draw up action plans, assessment of progress, and formulation of new business opportunities for the targeted audience.
• Participate on providing data for yearly and quarterly project implementation plans as well as monthly Action plans including budgetary plans;
Qualifications and Skills for Market & Business Development Officer
• A Degree in business, agriculture, or equivalent rural economic development-related discipline.
• Experience working in the following Value chains an added advantage: Soyabeans, groundnuts, Cassava, Beekeeping, Horticulture, and Livestock.
• At least five years’ experience working in an agricultural extension or outreach capacity.
• A good understanding of the concept of “Farming as a Business” and developing micro-to-small enterprises as an added advantage.
• A self-starter who can work with minimal supervision, adhere to deadlines and be used to meeting targets.
• Knowledge of market-based approaches to development work, entrepreneurship development, and value chain analysis is an added advantage.
• Experience in coaching and mentoring SMEs is required.
• A valid motorbike rider’s license is a MUST.
• Strong business knowledge and experience interpreting financial data.
• Ability to effectively research new markets.
• Creativity and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Analytical and detail-oriented.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Advanced time management and organizational skills