Deadline of this Job: 15 February 2023JOB DETAILS:
The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of a Refrigeration Technician.
You will be responsible for the day to day technical tasks associated with the specific outlines in the duties and ensuring these are completed in a timely manner.
Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Install, maintain, diagnose faults and repair electrical wiring problems and re-gassing
• Diagnose, service and repair faults on Refrigeration Units and Cold-rooms across site
• Commercial Refrigeration – diagnose, service and repair faults
• Test, replace, and install equipment
• Clean and test components and conduct regular servicing of equipment.
• Ensure hazardous substances are disposed of appropriately and Health Safety and Environment (HSE) requirements are met
• Any other duties as directed by the Supervisor
• Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and operations personnel at all times.
The position will be expected to positively impact and contribute to the performance of the company through leadership and individual activity.
Plan, schedule and monitor work of support personnel to assist immediate supervisor.
Experience & Qualifications
• Craft Certificate-Refrigeration
• Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
• Sound understanding and experience of the principles of Refrigeration.
• Able to clearly demonstrate the aptitude to drive a light vehicle and hold a current Zambian drivers license
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
Deadline of this Job: 04 February 2023JOB DETAILS:
GiveDirectly (GD) aims to reshape international giving – and millions of lives – by providing cash grants directly to the poorest people in the world. The Brookings Institution estimates that $100B of cash transfers would be required to eliminate the poverty gap; the aid sector currently spends $135B each year, much of it on evidence-free interventions. GiveDirectly wants to change that, establishing cash transfers as a benchmark for foreign aid – as the index fund is a benchmark for the financial industry – and in the process accelerating the end of extreme poverty.
GD has raised over $800M since launching in 2011, delivered cash to more than 1 million people, and launched offices in 11 countries across North America, Africa, and the Middle East. We’ve also supported 19 large-scale, experimental research projects that indicate strong recipient impact of our programs – including the largest universal basic income experiment in history. We use concrete evidence to inform the design of our programs: from research results published in leading journals, to in-depth qualitative work. As a result, GD has been celebrated as one of the most innovative non-profit companies by Fast Company, while the growing cash transfer movement (and GD’s leading role within it) have been featured in the New York Times Magazine, This American Life, Foreign Affairs, and The Economist.
We’re looking for exceptional talent to grow our collaborative, diverse team. Joining GiveDirectly provides the opportunity to work alongside individuals who come from 21 different countries and speak 69 different languages. We’re actively working toward an equitable and inclusive environment for all team members, and seek candidates who will bring diverse perspectives and experiences to our organization. We recruit from organizations across all industries: our team has hailed from sectors including start-ups, government, consultancies, investment banks, and nonprofits.
Across our global offices, our culture is candid, analytical, non-hierarchical, and fast-paced. We value ability, adaptability, and willingness to learn. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as performance-based bonuses.
Location: This role is fully remote, but based in Africa.
Technology will play a critical role in enabling the next generation of cash delivery operations: from identifying recipients without needing to knock on doors, to best-in-class fraud detection. We are looking for a director to lead the team through rapid growth and drive a strategic technology roadmap that will enable cash delivery at scale, ultimately enabling GiveDirectly to send more cash to people experiencing extreme poverty.
Our technical program management team partners with our field operations teams to design and operationalize new cash delivery programs by implementing and managing the technology used for identifying, enrolling and paying recipients. It also partners with our engineering team to scope and define our roadmap for new software products to solve key problems in cash delivery. It’s part technical implementation – systems design, data collection, cleaning, modeling, and analysis – and part technical project management – requirements definition, stakeholder management, timeline management, problem solving, and prioritization.
You are a systems thinker who can balance long term investments against a host of day-to-day field challenges, both technical and operational. You have the technical expertise to guide engineering roadmap and drive vendor decisions to continue adding new capabilities to our stack. You can drive prioritization conversations among technical and non-technical stakeholders to negotiate competing priorities and fuel progress toward organizational goals. You are excited to grow a team, from hiring to coaching to figuring out systems and practices that can deliver high quality while scaling rapidly.
This role is Africa-based and fully remote but must overlap with an East Africa timezone by at least 4 hours.
Reports to: Director of Field Technology
What you’ll do:
• Lead the technology build out for all new cash delivery program launches, helping GiveDirectly reach more people across more geographies
• Manage managers, each of whom manage a team of technical program managers and data associates
• Develop and grow the team through rapid scaling, including building norms and culture to enable the team to operate efficiently and maintain quality with rapid growth
• Build a culture of system design, data modeling, and project management best practices
• Partner with the engineering team to define software products to solve new challenges in cash delivery
• Serve as strategic decision maker on vendor selection for off-the-shelf tools to expand tech stack capability
• Drive roadmap discussions with teams across the organization, including operations, research, finance, and fundraising, including working across stakeholders to shift from a service mindset to product mindset
• Ensure the team follows best practices for data privacy and security, to ensure protection of recipient data
What you’ll bring:
• 8+ years of experience in a similar field (e.g., technical product/program management, software engineering, systems engineering, data analytics)
• 4+ years of people management experience, including managing managers, with proven leadership ability in rapidly scaling high performing teams
• Demonstrated track record of delivering tech products from ambiguity to delivery
• Passion for both building process and structure to enable scale & jumping into open-ended problems
• Experience building a team culture of structured problem solving, drive to fix root causes, and high attention to detail
• Proven ability to manage the urgent alongside driving persistent, continual improvement and quality
• Strong systems thinking and ability to weigh short and long term tradeoffs of technical design decisions
• Strong ability to communicate complex technical concepts effectively across cross-functional teams and senior business and technical stakeholders
• Knowledge of data security and privacy best practices
• Experience writing code, such as Python, R, Java, etc.
• Alignment with GiveDirectly Values and active demonstration of our core competencies: emotional intelligence, problem solving, project management, follow-through, and fostering inclusivity. We welcome and strongly encourage applications from candidates who have personal or professional experience in the low-income and/or historically marginalized communities that we serve.
At GiveDirectly, we strive to pay our employees generously and equitably. We use an accredited third party salary aggregator to ensure that staff’s total compensation package (base compensation + bonus) falls within the 75th percentile of similar roles, at similar organizations. We also have a no negotiation policy to ensure we are paying staff equitably across roles.
• The United States base salary for this role is $140,000, and $115,000 for Kenya
• 15% bonus index
• This role is fully remote, but based in Africa. We will share an estimated salary benchmark for the country you are based in during the hiring process.
Why work at GiveDirectly?
At GiveDirectly, we work to ensure that you have everything you need to excel in your role and on your team, including:
• A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement
• A demonstrated commitment to helping all staff develop and grow
• A competitive salary
• A robust health benefits plan (exact details will vary by country)
• Unlimited PTO (that we encourage staff to take!)
• Desk allowance and flexible work location
Read more about our ongoing diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here and about our decision to move our central support teams to remote first here.
About the hiring process
Format: The hiring process follows the same general outline for all open roles:
First interview (30 mins)
Take home skills assignment (~2 hours)
Second interview (1 hour)*
Third interview (1 hour)*
Final interview (1 hour)
Reference checks (30 mins each)
*For some roles, second & third interviews are combined into a panel interview. If there are adjustments or variations on this process, those changes will be communicated during the first interview.
Venue: We conduct interviews over Google Meet with camera on (unless communicated otherwise).
Accessibility: Closed captioning is available during all Google Meet interviews, and interviewers will also post interview questions in the chat box throughout the call. If you need assistance accessing either of these features, please let your interviewer know at the start of your interview!
We’re committed to running an inclusive and accessible application process for all of our open roles. If there are questions or concerns you have about the accessibility of our hiring process, we warmly invite you to reach out to email@example.com.
**GD is committed to observing all local, national and international laws that protect children, vulnerable adults, and basic human rights of all. GD is committed to a policy of “zero tolerance for sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH)” and expects anyone who works for GD to uphold the protection and safeguarding of our recipients as a priority.**
Deadline of this Job: 25 January 2023JOB DETAILS:
BIA Group is active in the sales, rentals and after-sales services of equipment intended for public works, mines, quarries and transport. The Group operates in Europe (Belgium, Holland and Luxembourg) and in more than 20 African countries and employs more than 1.300 people, including more than 850 engineers and technicians.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Analysis and technical problem-solving skill; The technical supervisor must be able to come with action plan and solutions in agreement with the Service Manager
• Work together with the sales representative and PSSR to promote Service Support and Maintenance Contract
• Prepare and plan Field intervention of the technical team in order to guarantee efficiency of their intervention. This should cover definition of the intervention, troubleshooting steps that may be required to be performed, ensure adequate PPE, Tooling, consumables, lubricants and oil sampling bottles are prepared for the visit.
• Supervision of diagnostic until it is resolved to support the technicians
• Ensure follow up and support the technicians remotely if required
• Share his knowledge with his/her team and participate in their learning development, evaluate their competencies, and submit development plan in agreement with the Service Manager and Training Department
• Seek proactively to improve the quality performance of interventions and ensure continuous improvement
• Be familiar with OEM procedures and ensure that interventions are aligned with them
• Be familiar with the OEM and BIA HSE procedures and ensure that interventions are aligned with them to ensure optimal safety and health of his team
• Collect intervention report from Technicians and ensure their completeness and quality before sharing them with the Service Manager
Check hours recording of the technicians
• Optimize the usage of manpower available to improve the Service Team productivity
• Ensure to be easily reachable to answer technicians technical support request and customers enquiry
• Be familiar and use daily BIA tools/references/documents (SAP, BO, DOS, SIOP, …) and OEM (Komtrax, EQPCare, Global Portal, etc.)
• Ensure follow-up, management of technical library of BIA Zambia
• Ensure follow-up, update and good working condition of the diagnostic tools of BIA Zambia of technical library of BIA Zambia
• Know and participate in updating the fleet of equipment in Zambia (including update of SMR)
• Perform regularly field trip when required (at least 20% of the time)
• Work together with the other department for reporting purpose or to obtain necessary support to perform his duties
• Ensure invoicing of contracts and field intervention
• Produce TSI report to solve technical problems met and requiring support from the OEM, as well as Service Report from receipt of equipment until the warranty expires
• Coordinate OEM warranty cases
• Reach Turnover and Profit Target for the Aftermarket Department and in particular for the Service activity
• Promote sales of Service Contracts
• Hit Rate of Service Quotations
• Operational Excellence
• Planning and recording of the technician’s hours
• Fleet database and SMR update in Eqpcare
• Manage time to reply to customers (internal/external) and time to perform interventions
• Number, time to perform and scoring of TSI submitted and Warranty claim
• Service reports performed and submitted in time
• Komtrax activation and Usage to support fleet availability
• Overdoes Invoices
• Stock Management: stock rotation, dead stock, total stock value
• WIP management : Value
• Leading indicators: Take5, Task Observations, Hazard identification, JHA, PPE policy compliance
• Performance indicators: FAI, MTI, LTI, breach of procedure, damaged properties
• 5S scoring
• Time to address and solve customer complaints related to service activity
• Dealer Operation Standard (DOS) Audit Performance
• Customer Satisfaction Survey Results
• Follow up and improvement on diagnostic performance
• Redo rate
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
• Diploma in Electromechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Atleast 3 years’ experience in similar role
• Knowledge and high level of experience with Heavy Equipment machinery
Field troubleshooting and preventive maintenance experience (min 6 years)
• Manual Driver Licence
• Proficient in English both Oral and Written
• IT software knowledge (pack office + diagnostic and fleet management tools)
• Ability to draft technical reports
• Knowledge of Troubleshooting Procedure
• Knowledge sharing attitude
• Able to work in harsh conditions and flexible working hours (quarry, remote working site, mine sites,…)
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
• A permanent contract
• A competitive salary and an interesting package of extra-legal benefits
• A human sized company with international dimension, encouraging autonomy and team spirit
• Cooperate in a team with experienced and passionate colleagues within a success¬fully growing family-owned com¬pa¬ny
• Benefit from a challenging career opportunity with an extensive training program
• In this challenging job you get the possibility to take initiative and further develop the function
Deadline of this Job: 31 January 2023JOB DETAILS:
Uluse Minerals Limited is a mining company located in Kabwe looking for a Human Resources Manager, Qualified Accountant and Geological Surveyor.
Reporting to the Survey Coordinator, you will be responsible for coordination and execution of daily survey tasks and related activities and ensuring that the survey quality plan is implemented, and appropriate survey control and integrity of data maintained. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Provide survey services to the mine exploration department.
• Responsible to carry out photogrammetric surveys (aerial surveys) using UAVs.
• Carry out TSF and WSF (sonar) surveys.
• Ensure the provision of accurate and timely survey service
• Establish and monitor primary and secondary controls within the mining tease.
• Daily survey pickups for presentation of a daily dig plan for use by operations in a timely manner.
• Carry out survey data analysis on survey data.
• Maintain the integrity of the survey computer directories and records of all tiles in the survey database.
• Set out of all mine design and geological requirements which includes preparation of set out plans for all designated stall to utilize.
• Carry out stockpile surveys on a regular basis for accurate stockpile volumes to be calculated at the end of each month.
• Carry out pit surveys on a regular basis for accurate bench and total volumes to be calculated at the end of each.
• Participate in the preparation of yearly mining plans to be submitted to the Zambian Mines department.
• Monitoring of wall instability in pit, dumps, dams and all structural deformations with accurate reporting on required basis
• Maintenance of surveying equipment to required standards.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
• Full Grade Twelve School Certificate.
• Minimum of a Diploma in Mine, Geomatic, Land or Engineering Surveying
• Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambian
• A minimum of 2 years survey experience in the mining industry
• Experience in large multi pit operations utilizing GPS equipment, 3D scanners, Total stations, data recorders arid associated surveying software like Vulcan, Arc view, Data mine or Surpac.
• Must be familiar with safe working practices