Deadline of this Job: 17 August 2022JOB DETAILS:
Child Protection Specialist
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Program Development and Grant Acquisition
In partnership with resource acquisition staff, s/he will support sourcing for adequate funding for child protection programs by providing technical input into the development of proposals and Child Protection programme designs for grant acquisition and other funding sources. Ensure Child Protection are adequately funded and supported with appropriate technical capacity for effective implementation. Lead the design of the technical approach and programme to address violence against children issues using a solid root cause analysis process and involving multi-sectoral programming, as required. Ensure program planning, monitoring, and capacity strengthening for the effective legal system and improved spiritual nurturing of children. Develop quality interventions in Child Protection programming
Lead, facilitate and participate in various workshops, including those related to Child Protection and Safeguarding, and training activities with WVZL staff and implementing partners. Function as the primary capacity building and support specialist within the National office for AP’s for all Child Protection and Safeguarding processes.
Program Technical Support and Reporting
Lead integration of child protection into other sectors’ technical approaches and programmes. Set and enforce Child Protection standards to be adhered to by implementing staff and all partners. Develop and support capacity building plans of staff and implementing partners working with children and beneficiaries. Support Field Programs in empowering grassroots communities, church leaders, and traditional leaders in being actively engaged in improving Child Protection and ensuring appropriate, safe, and meaningful participation of children in programs aimed at strengthening their protection mechanism. Build and maintain relationship with internal stakeholders for enhanced collaboration and sustainability of programmes., ensure the development of the annual Child Well Being report and consolidated Semi-annual/annual National Reports for review and approval by the Senior Leadership Team.
Knowledge Management and Learning
Provide technical support for the assessment of competencies of Child Protection implementing staff at all levels and support the development of appropriate professional development plans. Lead knowledge management for Child Protection & Participation by developing a process for capturing, sharing, and learning from programme progress and utilisation of evidence to improve programme implementation, strategy revision, Child Protection policy review and external publications. Promote the development of innovations in child protection, building on learning’s and evidence of good practice and informed by the unique challenges and needs of the context. Lead in the sector-specific and/or integrated research and learning initiatives by developing research concepts with the view to generate lessons and knowledge for Child Protection effectiveness and improve future programming. Provide technical support to DME in documenting and reporting best practices on child protection for improved future programming.
Ensure new staff are oriented on World Vision’s Child & Adult safeguarding policy and all staff are re-oriented to this policy annually (at a minimum). Coach and mentor Child Protection and Participation technical staff and provide input in their annual performance appraisals. Manage personal learning and career development leading to staff well-being and work-life balance. Ensure staff are trained and equipped on how to conduct program assessments, baselines, monitoring and evaluations for evidence-based impact in Safeguarding and Protection. Contribute to and support program activities that enrich and develop the spiritual growth of staff.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
• Degree in Human Rights, Law, Public Policy, Social Work, Policy Formulation and Analysis, Community Development or any related field. Master’s Degree is preferable.
• At least 5 years of experience in related field at management level.
• Experience with donor-funded and community projects is preferable.
Deadline of this Job: 26 August 2022JOB DETAILS:
C4ED is a global research center aiming at improving the lives of the poor and the vulnerable by making development interventions more effective. As a non-profit research center and registered charity with offices in East Africa, Southern Africa, West Africa, South Asia and Europe, C4ED aims to bridge the gap between research and practice in global development. C4ED currently conducts projects all over the world, with a focus on Africa and South Asia, and implements research and evaluation projects for the European Union, GIZ, IFAD, ILO, J-PAL, KfW, World Bank, WFP, UNICEF, and other UN organizations, to name just a few of our cooperating partners. With a strong focus on quantitative impact evaluations, we are one of the leading research centers in the areas of poverty, microfinance, health, education, employment, social protection, nutrition and climate change in the Global South.
C4ED Zambia is looking for a Communications Specialists to support the publication of research reports. This position is based in Lusaka. This position is open to persons with the right to work in Zambia. You will be asked to verify this as part of the interview process. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
• Copy edit manuscripts for focus, coherence, logic, and consistency.
• Edit manuscripts to iron out any structural issues, stylistic differences, and ambiguities.
• Edit reports in keeping with specified style guides.
• Generate style checklist to ensure style guide is followed.
• Maintain a working knowledge of concepts/ words/ phrases as required for editing research reports.
Qualification and Personal Profile
• Candidate should at the minimum possess an undergraduate degree in English, journalism, communications, or a related field. Graduates in disciplines related to the development sector will also be considered.
• A master’s degree in the relevant field is desirable.
• Candidate should have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in editing and report writing.
• Previous experience in academic/research writing, editing and publishing is an advantage.
• Thorough command of English language and grammar.
• Good writing and editing skills; familiarity with publishing protocols.
• Methodical working style, ability to meet tight deadlines and to multi-task.
• Self-motivated, ability to work and correspond independently to and maintain organized and accurate records of work.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills – oral and written.
• Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; knowledge of LaTeX is an advantage. To apply please complete the application form at the following link: https://bit.ly/c4ed-zambia-comms. Please include the job ID this position: Z2208CS
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.