Deadline of this Job: 12 August 2022JOB DETAILS:
• Certificate or diploma in general hospitality or food production
• Minimum 5 years experience in similar position in hotel or lodge
• Experience in both hot kitchen and Pastries
Deadline of this Job: 16 August 2022JOB DETAILS:
Cafe Choconilla is an ambitious restaurant in Kabwe where we aim at engaging chefs with great culinary talent. We take pride in our food and service and we are now searching for an experienced chef and team leader for this key position.
As Head Chef you are responsible for our production of excellent meals following the company’s high standards. You must be an inspiring leader who is capable of getting the best out of your team and spearhead training of junior chefs. You report to the Food & Beverage Manager and work closely with him to ensure the kitchen’s operations are compliant with company standards. You will enjoy working with a dedicated team of chefs, managers, waiters, waitresses and other supporting staff members.
The position as Head Chef has an anticipated start-date 20th August 2022
• Prepare meals of the highest quality and coordinate the works of the kitchen staff
• Supervise kitchen staff in conducting their duties
• Organize se preventive maintenance on in-house equipment
• To conduct quality control of food presentation, portioning, taste and freshness
• Ensure kitchen compliance with company policies and for staff to follow checklists in daily operations.
• Assist the Food & Beverage Manager and stock controller in efficient inventory management.
• Develop recipes and monitor recipes are followed and projected consumption of ingredients matches with actual consumption
• Make recommendations to menu adjustments
• Conduct required training and monitor all team members to expected performance levels
• Manage all day-to-day operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards
• Ensure smooth cooperation with the managers as well as the waitering department
• Effective complaint handling and to provide solutions to the frequent operational problems
• Ensure compliance with all food safety and health requirements.
Who are we looking for?
• A Chef between 28 – 45 years old with a talent, passion and pride for food
• A chef who has received formal training from a reputable training institution
• At least 5 years of work experience from reputable restaurant(s) in cooking international cuisine with the majority of the work experience being in a supervisor role
• A physically fit person who is able to stand long hours and work extra hours when there is pressure
• Very organised and structured person who is able to make the whole team work in an structured manner with good team work and responsibility
• A fast, focussed and self-motivated person who can work under pressure
• A creative chef with attention to food presentation
• Must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to both motivate and sanction the team to enhance performance
Why work for Choconilla?
• As a young and upcoming restaurant with high ambitions you will have great influence in shaping our restaurant
• Attractive working conditions and environment
• Personal Development as a chef at a progressive restaurant
• Enhance your personal career development goals.