Deadline of this Job: 31 August 2022JOB PURPOSE
To supervise and undertake the administration of litigation and other matters in order to protect Council interests
(a) Minimum Secondary Education
Form V/Grade 12 School Certificate with Five (5) Credits or better
(b) Minimum Vocational /Professional Qualifications
Bachelor of Laws and an Advocate of the High Court of Zambia
(c) Minimum Relevant Pre-Job Experience
2 years experience
Deadline of this Job: 19 August 2022JOB DETAILS:
• To provide legal expertise and support on legal issues relating to the functions, structures and activities of the organization and support management on issues pertaining to legal and regulatory framework and monitor compliance with legal and regulatory corporate governance requirements.
• Prepare court documents for trial
• Review contracts from various departments
• Represent the company in court proceedings
• Update departments on statutory amendments
• Any other duties as delegated by supervisor
• Minimum Bachelor of law (LLB) from a recognized institution.
• Minimum one year admission at the bar.
• Must be conversant with commercial law, Company law, Employment law and Litigation.
Skills and Attributes
• Integrity and Diligent
• Negotiation skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
• Ability to stick to time Constraints
• Commercial and Business Awareness
• Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills
• Loyal and mature
• Team player
• Strong attention to detail and investigative nature.
• High implementation capability
Deadline of this Job: 31 August 2022JOB DETAILS:
• Academic Background: Degree in Law;
• Experience required (minimum/maximum): 1 year
• Knowledge of Zambian Law;
• IT knowledge: excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products (word; excel; power point);
Deadline of this Job: 02 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
The Road Development Agency (RDA) is a statutory body whose function is to plan, manage and coordinate the road network in the country. The Agency is responsible for care, maintenance and construction of public roads in Zambia. It also regulates the maximum permissible weights on roads, conducts studies for the development, maintenance and improvement of the road network, and reviews design standards and classification.
In order to implement this mandate, the RDA now wishes to fill up the following vacant positions:
Legal Services Directorate
1. Legal Officer (2 Positions)
(i) Job Purpose
Reporting to the Legal Counsel, the Legal Officer will generally be responsible for the provision of legal advice, efficient and effective legal advisory services to the RDA Management and staff. This is shall be in compliance with the provisions of the law and in accordance with Agency’s Policies in order to protect its interests.
(ii) Key Responsibilities and result areas
• Assisting in interpreting key statutes such as the Public Roads Act, No 12 of 2002, Regulations and other pieces of key legislation, which have a bearing on carrying out the RDA Mandate in order to ensure that the Agency acts within the law;
• Review and draft contracts, pieces of legislations, policies, contracts, lease agreements and various legal documents and keep records thereof to protect the Agency’s and other stakeholders’ interests;
• Coordinating with the Attorney General’s Chambers on legal matters related to the functions of the Agency;
• Representing and defending the interests of the Agency in all legal proceedings so as to prevent or minimise loss;
• Advise the Agency on new legislation and all legislative queries, amendments, and repeals that may be proposed or considered; and
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time;
(iii) Qualifications and Attributes
• Grace Twelve (12) Certificate
• Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB);
• Advocate of the High Court of Zambia;
• Minimum of two (2) years post certification experience in legal practice;
• Member of the Law Association of Zambia (LAZ), Membership of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators ( CIA) will be an added advantage;
• Good advocacy skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• High level of integrity and confidentiality
• Must have a dynamic, pro-active approach with excellent communication skills and
• Must be Computer Literate
Attractive remuneration will be offered to the successful candidates. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.