Deadline of this Job: 30 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Main purpose of the job
• Prepare and cook meat dishes, vegetables and other main dishes;
• Prepare salads, sandwiches, fruit, soups, sauces and other foods.
• Assist in determining appropriate quantity of food items for cooking and baking;
• adjust and extend recipes as needed; maintain food quality standards including appearance, and nutritional requirements.
• Monitor temperatures of food to assure safety and quality standards are met;
• Monitor water temperatures to assure proper temperature for sanitizing. serve food according to established guidelines and replenish serving containers as needed;
• serve lunch items to faculty.
• Clean cafeteria equipment, utensils and appliances and store food supplies; assure compliance with kitchen sanitation and safety procedures and regulations; clean refrigerators and storerooms as required.
• Assist in storing unused food and supplies; dispose of unusable leftovers; utilize proper methods of handling foods to be stored.
• Operate a variety of standard kitchen utensils and equipment including slicer, chopper, mixer, steamer, fryer, dishwasher, electric warmer, range, oven, pressure cooker, cash register, dishwasher and other cafeteria equipment as required.
• Train and provide work direction to others.
• Record amounts of food sold and monies collected as assigned; assist with inventory and maintain routine records as directed; prepare records of foods cooked and foods left over.
• Prepare and bake food for special events as needed; assist at banquets or special events as required. • Assist in other food service areas as needed; collect money and make correct change.
• Maintain regular attendance.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Principles and methods of quantity food service preparation, serving and storage.
• Sanitation and safety practices related to handling, cooking, baking and serving food.
• Methods of preparing and serving food in large quantities.
• Methods of adjusting and extending recipes and proper substitutions.
• Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
• Standard kitchen equipment, utensils and measurements.
• Health and safety regulations.
• Basic record-keeping techniques.
• Basic math and cashiering skills.
• Prepare, cook, bake and serve a variety of foods in quantity at an assigned food service facility.
• Prepare and serve food in accordance with health and sanitation regulations.
• Operate and maintain standard machines and equipment found in school cafeterias and kitchens.
• Prepare attractive, appetizing and nutritious meals for students and staff.
• Lift, bend, reach and stand.
• Follow, adjust and extend recipes.
• Understand and follow oral and written directions.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Lift heavy objects.
• Maintain routine records.
• Meet schedules and time lines.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Plan and organize work.
• Observe health and safety regulations.
• Train and provide work direction to others.
• Make change accurately.
• Read and write at a level required for successful job performance.
• Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
• Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
• Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
• Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
• Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 50 KGs.
• Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: high school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate as required by Zambian law and one year experience in cooking and baking food in large quantities.
Deadline of this Job: 19 September, 2022JOB DETAILS:
A well established food manufacturing company is looking for an experienced executive chef.
Executive Job Purpose:
Preparing meals according to menu specifications; food preparation, end food product packaging for delivery.
Chef/Cook Job Duties:
• Food preparation, portioning, cooking
• is able to follow a recipe
• Employing food safety practices & requirements according to company policy and and ensures all kitchen staff members do the same
• Working efficiently and accurately during busy periods
• Kitchen maintenance & cleaning or any other relevant duties pertaining to kitchen work
• knowledge of cup measuremts
• a multistasker
• manages time efficiently
Chef Skills and Qualifications:
Experience cooking multiple international cuisines, Ability to follow strict recipes, works efficiently, communications well, has organisational skills, has a team mentality and leadership skills, is able to work without supervision, is diligent, hard working and is able to work in a high volume turnover of food preparation.
• Must live in makeni or nearby
• Over 25 years of age
• Experienced Chef
Deadline of this Job: 19 September 2022Chef
One of our clients is looking for an experienced chef to join their team of fine chefs. The client is a beautiful well-established Lodge located in a game farm within Lusaka, Zambia. The lodge has a fine dining space with a well-stocked bar and luxury chalets stationed inside their game park allowing clients to see wildlife whether they are relaxing on their veranda or enjoying a delicious meal.
An ideal candidate would be someone that is energetic and is passionate about food with the ability to create delicious meals for consumers.
• Ensure consistent and smooth running of food production
• Ensure effective stock purchase, its receipt and storage
• Ensure that working areas are always kept clean
• Assist other kitchen staff as need arises
• Perform other administrative tasks as will be communicated by superiors
• Ensure that required standards are adhered to in the production and preparation of food – in quality, quantity, and safety
• Work towards exceeding customer’s expectation by encouraging and promoting high level of service
• Ensure all dishes are prepared according to specification and served at the correct quality, portion size, and temperature
• Manage food logs
• Monitor the quality and quantity of food prepared
• Must have formal culinary training
• Must have at least 1 – 2 years experience working in a professional kitchen or similar position
• Passion for food: someone who enjoys the process of food preparation and creating menus
• Effective communication skills
• Ability to work with figures and manage budget
• Ability to cope under stressful conditions
• Ability to pay attention to details: adherence to specific ingredients and measurement needed for various menus
• Ability to make quick decisions
• Ability to maintain a high level of hygiene and cleanliness in the restaurant area
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to be creative; always willing to try something new
• Ability to handle criticisms from customers