Deadline of this Job: 11 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
To execute maintenance functions according to standards and instructions to ensure maximum availability, reliability and safety of equipment, tools and employees is achieved. The incumbent will perform maintenance activities in a safe and effective manner with the aim of delivering results that meet quality standard and company expectations.
• This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
• The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
• Structural repairs and alterations.
• General fabrication
• Full welding skills
• Use oxy and Acetylene cutting torches.
• Able to read and work from schematic drawings.
• Inspections of components to determine reliability.
• Assist in maintaining the availability of the fleet through effective preventative maintenance procedures.
• Take reasonable precautions as stipulated to minimize hazards to other personnel and equipment during the course of the work
• Provide feedback to the management on issues identified, progress of jobs and planned work.
• Perform any other duties as directed by the supervisor.
Job Specific Competences
• Have a sound knowledge of metal types.
• Have a sound knowledge of welding processes and electrodes and welding wire.
• Have a sound knowledge of how to handle equipment and materials.
• Able to interrupt complex Fabrication drawings
• Experience with heavy fabrication
• Fixed and Mobile plant experience
• The welding of aluminum and cast iron
• Oxy lancing
• Air arc gouging
• Welding with gas and gasless welding wires
• Grade 12 School Certificate
• Advanced certificate in metal fabrication
• Engineering Institute of Zambia member.
• Certificate of attendance in incident and accident investigation and reporting.
• 3 years minimum in the role of supervisor.
• Promotes team work.
• Sufficient technical skill.
• Prioritizes safety.
• Adjusts to changes in task requirements at short notice.
• Drives attendance.
• Be on stand by and overtime when required.
• Good verbal communication.
• Moderate standard of computer literacy
• Able to work with minimum supervision.
• Must know MIG and TIG welding.
Deadline of this Job: 07 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
The Senior Technical Officer - Laboratory Services will work directly under the Care and Treatment Lead to enhance and support a robust system for laboratory services for the PEPFAR/Centre for Disease Control (CDC) funded, FHI 360-led Technical Assistance (TA) Project to the Eastern Province Health Office (EPHO). S/he will work to support the EPHO in designing robust systems to support quality laboratory services. He/she will be responsible for supporting sample referral systems to reduce turnaround time and improve viral load result utilization. S/he will oversee all Lab activities including but not limited to Sample collection, testing, transportation, and storage of high-quality biologic specimen for the project. He/she will support EPHO efforts to actualize lab-equipment interoperability and electronic reporting systems for laboratory services.
Duties and responsibilities:
Support the development a laboratory strategic and work plans that aligns with all project activities including new program areas such as Incidence (Recency) testing. Strengthen the implementation of a sample storage plan samples for both short and long-term sample integrity for the project. Provide technical assistance in strengthening laboratory systems and review requirements for accreditation. Support appropriate operations/implementation science research to inform programming and improve patient outcomes. Support the development and implementation of precise laboratory policies, SOPs, and manuals to support access and results utilization Train and mentor facility, satellite, and central lab staff on lab procedures, techniques, and other activities. Working with survey stakeholders, develop policy and guidelines for national specimen repository and use. Strengthen systems for the collection, processing, testing, transportation, and storage of high-quality biologic specimen from satellites to hubs, and to central/PCR labs. Oversee laboratory personnel training and capacity building in analyzing all laboratory test results correctly and promptly Liaise closely with strategic information team to ensure accurate and well tracked laboratory services for coverage and result utilization. Monitor the entire quality system from Pre-examination, examination, and post-examination: Occurrence management, daily/weekly reviews of QC documentation, troubleshooting both equipment and QC failures. Monitor and ensure optimal laboratory environmental/infrastructure conditions are maintained to ensure quality of data Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
A master’s degree in Laboratory Science or related field Experience in HIV program: Molecular biology techniques like viral load testing, proficiency testing is an advantage Experience in working on the laboratory bench for at least 6 years Familiarity with laboratory QMS, ISO 15189 standard and SLMTA through training and mentorship experience is essential. Training in laboratory mentoring skills and techniques. Experience performing Quality Assurance measures in all phases of biomedical testing Ability to write clear and concise SOPs, reports for internal and external audiences Ability to troubleshoot equipment and routine equipment maintenance. Experience in QMS and Data management. Registration with the Health Professions Council of Zambia and in possession of a valid practicing License. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in English required
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
Note: Relocation is not available for this position. Individuals currently residing in advertised location are encouraged to apply
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.