Deadline of this Job: 26 August 2022JOB DETAILS:
ICAP at Columbia University is an international, non-profit organization situated at the Columbia University in New York. ICAP is Empowering Health Around the World and works in over 30 countries, including Zambia. Together with our partners—Ministries of Health, large multilaterals, health care providers, and patients—we support comprehensive, person-centered HIV/TB services and high-performing health system strengthening initiatives that provide quality and affordable health care. And by enhancing health information systems, improving quality, and developing human resources for health, we build capacity and efficiency in the world’s most challenging, resource-limited settings.
ICAP seeks to recruit for the following positions in Zambia
Position Title: Regional Medical Advisors (05)
Reports to: Provincial Deputy Director
Location: L/stone, Choma, Mazabuka, Mongu & Senanga
Working under the guidance of the Provincial Deputy Director, the Regional Medical Advisor will support activities to strengthen HIV prevention, care and treatment in assigned districts and regions in Southern and Western provinces in Zambia.
• Coordinate the HIV/TB mentorship activities at DHO and assigned region in line with the 95:95:95 targets.
• Lead the district or regional data reviews for each step of the HIV testing and treatment with DHO and Regional/zonal and identify service delivery and stock management gaps and remedial measures
• Monitor achievement of district level targets and discuss results and remediation measures.
• Provide technical assistance to District and Regional/zonal staff to strengthen innovations to improve HIV case finding with a focus on index case strategy implementation including KYCHS
• Mentorship to DHO/Regions/Zones to improve district viral load coverage by supporting providers to request viral load test whenever indicated and real time update in clients’ records and interpretation of results.
• Coordinate the implementation of all related prevention services including cervical cancer screening, VMMC, PrEP etc.
• Perform other related duties as directed by the supervisor.
• Degree in Medicine.
• Master’s degree in public health a plus
Experience And Skills Required
• At least 3 years’ demonstrated experience in HIV/TB clinical management
• Trained in both adult and paediatrics ART
• Supervisory and mentorship experience in HIV/TB services at hospital level.
• Ability to provide mentorship to medical and clinical officers and other HIV/TB service staff
• Proven experience in coordinating HIV community services such as demand creation, HIV case identification and community interventions in support of retention of recipients of care
• A team player with ability to support coordination of HIV/TB services at district, facility and community level.
• Computer skills: Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Experience working in donor funded projects a Plus
• Fluent English oral and written communication skills
Deadline of this Job: 28 August 2022JOB DETAILS:
Reports to: Manager Clinical Services.
Job Purpose: To assist the Manager Clinical Services to run the dayto-day operations of the mine clinic efficiently and effectively.
• Able to take comprehensive medical history, conduct thorough physical examination and order appropriate complementary investigations.
• Keep medical/general records related to the running of the clinic with confidentiality.
• Diagnose and manage all stages of illness in accordance with relevant standard treatment guidelines and other national protocol’s ability to perform minor surgical procedures.
• Counsel patients on various matters such as HIV/AIDS, excessive beer drinking, smoking and communicable diseases as they relate to good health to ensure highest standard of health at the mine site.
• Ability to plan and implement health promotion activities and carrying out Information, education, and communication (I.E.C) on health matters tor employees.
• Gather, analyse medical data, and timely generate reports to management.
• Prepares and participates in the preparation of work plans to ensure smooth running of the clinic
Qualifications & Experience
• Grade 12 certificate.
• Degree/Diploma in Clinical Services/Medicine
• At least 1-2 years’ nursing experience in a busy mining environment and ability to work under pressure.
• Training in basic life support is an added advantage.
• Practical experience in any medical related software application.
• Must be fully registered with HPCZ and hold a current practicing certificate
• Good computer skills.
• Excellent analytical and evaluation skills.
• Good command of both oral and written English for effective communication.
• Possession of good leadership skills and team player.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Excellent knowledge of the current labour regulations.
The company provides single status accommodation at the mine site.
Deadline of this Job: 25 August 2022JOB DETAILS:
• At MBHS, an occupational health (OH) Nurse works closely with the occupational health doctors and other occupational health nurses and technicians to provide high quality care to all clients at MBHS. They are often the first point of contact for all clients, visitors and health care professionals accessing MBHS OH services.
• Our occupational health nurse conducts herself/himself in a professional manner and always demonstrates good customer service towards all our clients, visitors, health professionals and MBHS employees.
• All MBHS OH Nurses must provide client-centred, compassionate, competent and quality care. They must adhere to the MBHS’s and General Nursing Council of Zambia’s Code of Conduct and must practice safely and ethically at all times according to the MBHS standards.
• Ensure administrative duties such as registering clients, entering information on the electronic health record system are done timely and correctly.
• Assist clients with completing documentation as required for the occupational health examinations.
• Triage clients by checking vital signs (pulse, blood pressure, temperature and oxygen saturation) and conducting weight and height checks and assisting in conducting musculoskeletal screening tests.
• Prepare and tidy doctor’s consultation room before/after clients as required.
• Must demonstrate competence in effectively using the spirometer, audiometer and vision equipment and ability to understand the parameters of abnormal readings.
• Inform the OH doctor immediately of any abnormal test results.
• Ensure all OH screening results are signed, dated and filed in the correct client’s medical folder.
• Promote high quality screening by following respective procedures as directed by the OH doctor.
• Act as a chaperone for female clients when requested.
• Maintain hygienic and safe work environments in compliance with the department’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Attend clinic and department meetings when scheduled and raise any issues with regards to improvement in OH service or client care
• Ensure that OH client files are complete and have necessary documentation present – like consent forms, pre-employment, periodic and exit screening & examination, laboratory results, and any diagnostic testing, any fitness to work certificates and injury on duty reports and follow-up assessments – before being presented to the OH doctor.
• Ensure that all follow up visits for client assessments are carried out in a timely manner.
• Conduct daily calibration of spirometers and sign and file appropriately when required and trained to do so.
• Carry out weekly biological calibration of audiometers, and sign and file appropriately when required and trained to do.
• Carry out daily listening checks of audiometers and the background noise checks in the booths when required and trained accordingly.
• Carry out otoscopic examinations prior to audiometry testing.
• Continually demonstrate adherence to the Infection Control Policy, especially maintaining proper hand washing technique. Use and maintain correct personal protective equipment (PPE) where appropriate.
• Support and/or mentor new members of staff as directed by the Unit Leader/OHNP/CMO.
• Promote good health and client-centred care through patient education on recognising occupational hazards.
• Attend mandatory role specific in-house training, as directed by the unit leader or training coordinator.
• Comply with MBHS sickness and absenteeism policy.
• Comply with the MBHS uniform policy.
• Comply with all legal regulations set out by NMCZ or Health Professional Council of Zambia
• Must have a current RN qualification (essential) following completion of Diploma in Nursing (essential)
• Must have a current practice license from the NMCZ.
• Training in occupational health nursing with certification would be an asset.
• Training in Audiometry, Spirometry and Vision testing with appropriate certification will be an asset
• Compute literacy a must
• 4 year General Nursing experience
Deadline of this Job: 16 September 2022
Deadline of this Job: 31 August 2022
Deadline of this Job: 26 August 2022
Deadline of this Job: 28 August 2022
Deadline of this Job: 26 August 2022