Deadline of this Job: 11 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
The Assistant Human Resource Officer (AHRO) will offer human resource services such as recruitment and selection, compensation, discipline administration and other administrative tasks as maybe assigned by the employer.
• Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Problem-solving and decision-making abilities
• Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
• Understanding of labour laws and disciplinary procedures
• Proficient in MS Office packages
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong ethics and reliability
• Team player and planning skills
• Diploma in Human Resource Management
• Should be a fully paid member of ZIHRM with a valid Practicing License
• Must be ready to start work immediately
• At least 2 years proven work experience as HR officer or other HR position.
• Must have good understanding and able to interpret Labour Laws
Deadline of this Job: 09 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
• Compile and update employee records
• Coordinate HR projects
• Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
• Assist with payroll inputs
• Assist with corporate wellness activities
• Provide guidance in handling complaints and grievances
• Assist with talent acquisition (recruitment)
• Coordinate the end to end recruitment process
• Assist with effective on-boarding and off-boarding of employees
• Manage and maintain employee contracts and various records
• Track staff on probation and ensure effective evaluations are held
• Provide general correspondence
• Any other duties assigned
• Must have a Minimum Diploma in Human Resource Management/Public Administration
• Must be a paid up member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (ZHRIM)
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team,
• Knowledgeable with excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Ability to Multi-task
• Passion to serve, objective and uphold confidentiality
Deadline of this Job: 19 September, 2022JOB DETAILS:
Zambian Youth platform is looking for a qualified and committed individual for appointment as Human Resource Intern to be based at our Head Office in Choma
• Manage and maintain employee contracts of employment and records.
• Prepare monthly payroll input to ensure accurate and timely payment of salaries and benefits.
• Coordinate the Training and Development function of the department.
• Monitor and review the performance appraisal system, ensuring that appraisals are carried out in a timely manner.
• Advise management on the interpretation of labor laws.
• The HR Intern provides quality HR compliance and administrative support. Interns are responsible for maintaining satisfactory results by delivering assistance and administrative support to the organizational HR specialist on various projects.
• Minimum Diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution of higher learning. Degree is an added advantage
• 1 year experience in a similar role.
• Be able to handle the entire HR management cycle (Employee recruitment to separation)
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (ZHRIM)
Deadline of this Job: 19 September, 2022JOB DETAILS:
Reporting Directly to the Heifer Zambia Country Director with a matrix reporting relationship to the Africa People Director, the position holder, will actively engage in business strategy development and contextualization, assist business and senior management to identify the emerging people issues, and support organizational change processes as well as broker HR solutions for country programmatic impact. The role will further, develop and coordinate the implementation of the people strategy for Heifer Zambia in line with the business strategy and the group people strategy.The role will foster a customer service culture, coordinate with external and internal customers of the HR function and deliver HR services as per the expected standards. Therefore, the role will also provide operational leadership in the areas of performance management, talent management, recruitment, reward, health and safety, learning and development, organizational development, and HR business processes.
You will be a university graduate with significant HR training and 8-10 years’ experience, 5 of which will be in managing HR function in a dynamic organization. To meet the diverse needs of this role, you will have a strong strategic HR operation, customer service orientation; flexibility, ability to prioritize competing demands, good project management, and interpersonal skills backed with the ability to work within a team, and autonomously. You will have good computer skills and previous experience in developing teams and working with senior leaders. Knowledge of legal employment obligations in line with the national labor law will be an added advantage. Experience working in an International/Multinational private sector, NGO, and/or governmental environment will be an added advantage.
Responsibilities & Deliverables ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES
• People strategy
• Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics to respond to country needs while aligning with regional and global People Strategy and objectives.
• Strive to achieve global, regional, and country People Objectives relevant to the country.
• Recruitment Talent Acquisition
• Work with country directors and other stakeholders to assess talent needs for proposals and new projects.
• Manage full cycle including, posting, interviews, checking references, background screening, contracting, and onboarding while staying in compliance with Recruitment Policy and SOP.
• Manage Recruitment process documentation and recruitment data base and reporting.
• Employee Engagement and Relations
• Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management processes and guidelines
• Maintain high quality HR records and systems. Keep local and global HRIS systems up to date.
• Produce timely and high quality reports on major personnel changes, department objectives, and global KPIs. Keep secure human resource records and maintain confidentiality.
• Help the Regional HR representative to complete timely internal HR Audits.
• Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances, or other issues
• Work closely with Regional HR team to facilitate in Diversity Inclusion initiatives.
• Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance.
• Compensation Management
• Participate in compensation reviews and benchmarking and work closely with Regional People team .
• Drives internal equity through following the applicable compensation policies and advising management on compensation levels based on internal equity and external competitiveness analysis.
• Maintain and work with regional and global team pay plan and benefits program.
• Learning & Development
• Identify in country training needs, plan, manage and coordinate the delivery of learning solutions across the business ensuring the completion of training plan including the mandatory training of the Organization.
• Provide advice and coaching to line managers in country according to established HR policies and procedures to enable people management topics.
• Ability to manage complexities, cultivates innovation, is action oriented and plans and aligns work process to drive excellence.
• Ability to manages the culture and environment of the organization relative to country, regional and HQ levels. Ability to adapt and be flexible to act in a changing and complex environment, with a multitasking mindset.
• Deep understanding of INGO or global context. Strong understanding of country labor law.
Qualification And Skills
• Proven 8-10 years’ experience, 5 of which will be in managing HR function in a dynamic organization.
• Previous experience with an International NGO is highly valued.
• A college degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field. Continued HR education/certification is a major plus
• Comfortable learning new technologies and HR systems. Previous experience with HRIS
• Experience in implementing strategy, meeting objectives, and working within a matrix structure.
• Excellent influence skills, active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
• Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
• In-depth knowledge of Zambia Labor Law.