Deadline of this Job: 30 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Zambia Centre for Accountancy Studies (ZCAS) was enacted through an Act of Parliament (ZCAS Act No. 1 of 1989) for the purpose of training accountants, promoting research and advancement of learning in accountancy, finance, and related studies, providing advisory and consultancy services, and for related matters.
ZCAS seeks to recruit a qualified and experienced person to fill the position of ICT MANAGER.
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The position is responsible for planning, organising, directing, and coordinating the acquisition, development, maintenance and monitoring the use of information and communication technology systems in the institution.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(i) Initiates formulation and review of policies on Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), Work Manuals, Procedures, and related documentation.
(ii) Provides ICT strategic inputs to Senior Management.
(iii) Prepares, reviews, and monitors the ICT Annual Budget to ensure effective implementation of the Centre’s ICT Strategy.
(iv) Analyses the Centre’s ICT systems requirements and recommends appropriate systems and tools for implementation to ensure resources invested in ICT provide improvements to services and value for money.
(v) Plans and coordinates projects such as installing and upgrading of hardware and software, programming and systems design and implementation of the website.
(vi) Oversees the installation and maintenance of network systems including continuous upgrades.
(vii) Accountable for the delivery, continuity, risk management and effective support of the Centre’s ICT infrastructure and systems.
(viii) Develops, deploys and maintains appropriate security systems that ensure Network, Systems and Data are protected from internal and external security threats.
(ix) Develops, documents, implements, and reviews Business Continuity Plan (Disaster Recovery Plan) for ensuring high systems availability and business continuity.
(x) Establishes appropriate operational procedures, tools, and resources for effective and timely delivery of technical support to all users that ensures high user productivity and guarantees client satisfaction.
(xi) Ensures compliance to Local and International ICT regulatory frameworks.
(xii) Provides team leadership by building and maintaining a high performance and motivated IT staff.
(xiii) Develops and maintains relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
(xiv) Submits regular reports to the Executive Director on the operations and status of ICT systems in the Centre and recommends appropriate action as may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
(i) Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) “O” levels including English and Mathematics.
(ii) Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management, or its equivalent.
(iii) Master of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management, or its equivalent.
(iv) PhD in Computer Science or related field will be an added advantage.
(v) Professional certificates in Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
(vi) Certificate in Project Management.
(vii) At least five (5) years’ work experience in ICT management, preferably in a higher learning institution.
(viii) Hands-on experience with computer networks, network installation and network administration.
(ix) Expertise in data centre management and data governance.
(x) Knowledge of e-Learning Software and its administration
(xi) Must have proof of valid membership to Information and Communication Technology Association of Zambia (ICTAZ).
Deadline of this Job: 03 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
To provide specialist advise and support in the generation and provision of reliable infrastructure solutions activities to support key deliverables and informed decision making, through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed SOPs.
Business enablement: Responsible to ensure that business requirements for infrastructure & facilities are understood, planned and implemented | Subject matter expertise: Provide specialist input into business cases, proposals and projects to ensure that technology infrastructure is optimised. | Maintenance: Ensure that the infrastructure meets SLA’s and any issues are escalated and resolved at speed
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Physical, Mathematical, Computer and Life Sciences (Required)
Deadline of this Job: 23 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Pact seeks an experienced Strategic Information (SI) Management Director for the USAID/Zambia Integrated Health Activity (ZIHA). USAID/Zambia intends to award a $120M contract to support the USAID and PEPFAR objectives of 95/95/95, and to provide service delivery and technical assistance to improve MNCH and FP/RH services. ZIHA will improve, sustain, and further integrate HIV/AIDS, MNCH and FP/RH services at the health facility and community levels and ensure that client-centered, high-impact, high-quality services are available to Zambians. This is anticipated to be a five-year activity. This position is contingent upon award and is anticipated to be based in Lusaka.
• Provide technical leadership in organization and coordination of data collection, management, systems, analysis, interpretation, and use of data at all levels.
• Lead the development and implementation of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Plan, taking into consideration the contract deliverables and conditions, including capacity building and robust monitoring of all activities.
• Manage all M&E staff and ensure the team is responsive to the needs of ZIHA. Train, supervise, and mentor the MEL team.
• Develop and lead the roll out of activity-specific MEL tools in collaboration with relevant MEL staff, partners, and other activity staff.
• Support any Pact partners in developing data collection plans, activity results frameworks (input, output, outcome, and impact), and relevant indicators and targets for result areas.
• Integrate and implement adaptive management and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) approaches, tools, and strategies throughout the activity.
• Partner closely with Pact headquarters to design and integrate developmental evaluation activities within the project, and to develop a Developmental Evaluation Plan that will include intervention areas to be monitored and evaluated for real time program improvement throughout the life of the project.
• Lead the development and institutionalize the utilization of centralized project data management and case management systems.
• Design and conduct MEL trainings for Pact partners on topics that may include MEL practices, adaptive management data quality, data analysis, and managing evaluations.
• Develop high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
• Lead routine analysis of data for learning and adaptation; visualize and summarize data and communicate with senior staff.
• Integrate the use of innovative technologies, data platforms, and GIS mapping for data collection, management, and reporting.
• Collaborate with other staff and Pact partners to develop, review, and finalize monthly, quarterly, and annual MEL workplans and budgets.
• Oversee the development of donor reports, ensuring that Pact meets all donor reporting requirements for MEL.
• Liaise with counterparts at international, government, non-government agencies involved in related activities and collaborate in promoting high quality results and complementary efforts.
• Serve as liaison to USAID MEL staff and other USAID implementing partner MEL staff.
• If needed, coordinate with an external evaluation team contracted by USAID to conduct a performance evaluation.
• Master’s degree or higher in public or global health, statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, health information system (HIS), or relevant field.
• A minimum of 8 years progressive leadership and experience in M&E and/or strategic information for large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs is required.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing diverse teams of professional staff is required.
• Experience in Southern Africa preferred, preferably in Zambia.
• Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methods.
• Experience in data analysis and data visualization with Excel, SPSS or other related software.
• Demonstrated experience with data management and case management systems.
• Experience with strategic information systems.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with USAID MEL requirements and CLA tools and approaches.
• Experience developing results frameworks, logical frameworks, or similar tools for project design.
• Demonstrated experience in designing and managing operational research and evaluations.
• Demonstrated experience in synthesizing and analyzing various data sources for learning and recommendations for programming adaptations.
• Experience training other organizations in MEL topics and methods.
• Effective writing and data visualization skills. Excellent interpersonal, writing, and English language oral presentation skills.
• Demonstrated skills in problem solving and consensus building.
• Ability to travel within Zambia and occasionally internationally when health and safety concerns regarding COVID-19 diminish
• Zambian nationals are encouraged to apply.
• Experience with DHIS2 platform and mobile data collection software.
• Understanding of USAID and PEPFAR standard indicators.
Deadline of this Job: 23 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Want to work with fearless innovators, visionaries, and community-minded people who challenge the status quo? We do too.
Perez is more than a business solutions company — we’re a team of disruptors who are driving innovation and unlocking the promise and value of smart business.
It isn’t a trend or a moment, it’s a movement. And we’re leading it, but we can’t lead it alone.
That’s where you come in.
Perez Solutions Ltd delivers the first ever easy and affordable ERP platform which helps to make SMEs manage their business processes easily.
We believe that anything that can be made can be made better, and we are focused on finding the right people to help us achieve the big important tasks ahead.
Is that person you?
Are you a self-starter? A deal maker? At Perez, you will find a culture that encourages and rewards such spirit. We are looking for like-minded people who can share our passion for success. This is a great opportunity to manage accounts as your own business and be compensated for your success in driving our company’s growth.
As an ERP Software Sales Executive at Perez, you will be responsible for identifying and building new business, selling Perez’s ERP cloud with a specific focus on SMEs.
WHAT IS YOUR IMPACT?
Design and implement sales strategies that ensure we meet our revenue objectives by growing new accounts.
Prospect new opportunities through networking, cold calling and other lead generation techniques.
Manage the sales cycle, performing lead qualification, arranging and providing demonstrations, quoting and closing.
Use insight and consultative selling techniques to teach customers about their industry and offer unique perspectives on their business, which link back to Perez’s solutions.
Research prospective organizations to identify the right customer stakeholders to sell to.
Coach customer stakeholders and build consensus for Perez’s solutions within their organization.
Independently and collaboratively strategize for solving deal-level challenges.
Increase Perez’s sales volume and deal size.
Report account activity, opportunity status and other details.
Other sales and marketing related activities.
IS IT IN YOU?
Demonstrated success selling enterprise software solutions or related.
A passion for SMEs and a sound understanding of innovation and entreprenuership.
Ability to systematically solve problems and hypothesize possible customer point points, expectations, and implicit needs.
Ability to tailor communication to the customer’s needs with authority; effectively deliver presentations to all levels of the organization, and strong oral/written communication skills.
Demonstrated experience using rational and emotional drivers that would appeal to customers to comfortably drive negotiation conversations in your favor.
Ability to identify the right customer stakeholders and build connections quickly to drive consensus for deals; work cooperatively with a wide range of internal stakeholders for deal success.
Hunter mentality with a relentless drive to achieve results; independent and self-directed and takes initiative with minimal direction or supervision; Demonstrated ability to lead and manage multiple opportunities concurrently.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Our inviting culture fosters collaboration, innovation, and motivates team members to take on important work, every day.
Career growth and professional development opportunities.
Perez values the power of diversity and inclusion – it isn’t just a talking point for us. It drives our business and fosters fresh thinking, and is reflected in the individuals we hire, and the culture and community we’re building to support our peopple. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.