For some time now civil society organizations have been critical in fighting various political and socioeconomic inequalities and many other issues around the globe. Taxation is a fundamental way for countries to generate public revenues that make it possible to finance investments in human capital, infrastructure, and the provision of services for citizens and businesses. Through taxation countries accelerate their economic growth by raising and spending their own funds for public goods and services, like schools, hospitals, clean water, electricity, and roads – all critical to helping people rise out of poverty.
Apart from generating revenue to finance the provision of public services by the government; Taxes can also be used for redistribution and economic stabilization. More importantly taxation can also spur inclusive and sustainable development; taxes can be used to address socioeconomic inequalities. For this reason, that most CSOs around the globe, Zambia inclusively, have turn their attention to the taxation systems and fiscal policies, advocating for a fair, progressive and gender responsive tax systems and fiscal policies. The success of tax justice campaigns and initiatives, however, depends on the capacity of CSOs in undertaking such initiatives as well as systematic of the approach, the adequacy and effectiveness of the tools used.
It is against this background that OXFAM SAF through its country program office in Zambia, wishes to engage a consultant to “Develop a progressive and gender responsive tax advocacy strategy for women rights organisations and CS-POG” to inform and support the work of Oxfam and its partners on the Fiscal Justice for Women and Girls (FJWG project.
3. OBJECTIVE OF THE CONSULTANCY
The overall purpose of the assignment is to develop a progressive and gender responsive tax advocacy strategy for women rights organisations (WROs) and CS-POG.
1. Undertake a desk review to identify and evaluate key and predominant socioeconomic gender inequalities issues in the Zambia Tax system and fiscal policies.
2. Map the needs and capacity gaps of Women Rights Organisation (WROs) and CS POG members in advocating for a progressive and gender responsive tax systems and fiscal policies.
3. Conduct workshop(s) with WROs and CS-POG for their input and perspectives in the advocacy strategy
4. Draft a progressive and gender responsive tax advocacy strategy for women rights organisations and CS-POG, outlining clear goals and objectives, as well as key opportunities, challenges, allies, stakeholder, cost-effective mixes of activities and implementation plan for influencing a progressive and gender responsive tax system and fiscal policies for women rights organisations and CS-POG in Zambia.
The following deliverables are expected under this TOR:
Inception report (Detailed methodology, data collection tools and mapped stakeholders agreeable with Oxfam and CUTs in Zambia)
A progressive and gender responsive tax advocacy strategy, outlining clear goals and objectives, as well as key opportunities, challenges, allies, stakeholder, cost-effective mixes of activities and implementation plan for influencing a progressive and gender responsive tax system and fiscal policies for women rights organizations and CS-POG in Zambia.
5. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
1. Post graduate degree in public finance Management, Taxation, Economics, Communications for Developed or any other related field. Having a team composed of a public finance; Communications and Advocacy and gender expert is highly recommended.
2. The consultant or team must demonstrate knowledge and experience in of tax justice work, Policy development and analysis, socioeconomic policy gender mainstreaming as well as advocacy and campaigns.
3. Clear understanding of public finance management/governance/gender budgeting/ research approaches
4. Minimum of 5 years’ proven experience of conducting similar assignments in Zambia or SADC with reputable institutions.
5. Good report writing skills.
6. Sound relationship with key role players
7. Demonstrated ability to prepare deliverables of good quality on time.
8. Highly creative and innovative team
9. Previously worked on an EU project and understands EU requirements
6. WORK SCHEDULE
Oxfam expects the consultant to finish the assignment within 20 working days from the day of signing the contract (Specific dates to be agreed with the successful consultant). Failure to adhere to timelines is a violation of a contract and it may lead to termination of contract.
7. SUPERVISION AND MANAGEMENT
Oxfam will supervise the process, specifically the Fiscal Justice Program team. The consultant is expected to work and interact with Oxfam’ s Fiscal Justice Program team and CUTS’s Fiscal Justice for women girls project team on a continuous basis.
8. ETHICS AND SAFEGUARDING
Oxfam has a zero-tolerance policy towards inaction against sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse. Oxfam’s ethics for safeguarding will be emphasized and remain mandatory throughout the process of the undertaking of the study. Engagements and support will aim to create and maintain safe, equitable, and inclusive culture where all those who work for and with Oxfam as well as those in the communities where Oxfam operates are treated with dignity and their rights and voices are heard and respected.
Selected consultants will be expected to read, sign, and adhere to the Oxfam Code of Conduct for no Oxfam staff and follow Oxfam’s Ethical Content Guidelines.
9. SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
Interested consultant (s) should submit technical and financial proposal (not more than 20 pages excluding annexes-failure to adhere to this may lead to disqualification), detailing how they will undertake the assignment. Attach up-to-date CVs of the core team as annexes. Proposals should be submitted to the address below in electronic form ONLY and must be clearly indicated ‘DEVELOP A PROGRESSIVE AND GENDER RESPONSIVE TAX ADVOCACY STRATEGY FOR WROs NETWORK AND CS-POG.’
Motor Vehicles for hire
4 x 4 Diesel Propelled, Sedan/SUV, 3.5 tonne trucks, 5.0 tonne trucks, 12-seater buses
Local office removal and transportation to and from the Districts within Zambia
Air Flight Services
Ticketing and Flight Bookings
LOT 2: Hospitality Services
Accommodation and Fonferencing Facilities
Western Province (Lukulu, Mongu, Kaoma, Senanga, Sioma, Shangombo, Sesheke)
Southern Province (Chirundu, Siavonga, Mazabuka, Monze, Choma, Namwala, Itezhitezhi, Sinazongwe, Kalomo, Livingstone, Kazungula)
Lusaka (Lusaka, Chilanga, Chongwe, Kafue)
LOT 3: Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
IT support (computer hardware maintenance, LANs, desktops)
Supply of IT equipment and accessories (such as desktops, laptops, tablets, printers etc.)
Repair, service, and maintenance of ICT equipment
LOT 4: Advertising and Printing Services
Newspapers and Online Adverts
Printing of various materials based on ICAP specifications both on fabric and paper material
LOT 5: Supply of Stationery
Office stationery and including toner cartridges for printers, white boards, pin boards.
LOT 6: Supply of Medical Supplies and Equipment
Medical supplies and Equipment
Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs), Laboratory supplies and consumables, hospital furniture & equipment
LOT 7: Supply of Office Furniture
Office desks, tables, chairs, pedestals, filing cabinets, shelves
LOT 8: Insurance Services
Medical Health Insurance
Motor Vehicle Insurance
Insurance cover for vehicles
Electronic Equipment Insurance
Insurance cover for printers, laptops, tablets etc. and all electronic equipment.
LOT 9: Cleaning Services (Lusaka, Mongu, Choma & Livingstone)
Cleaning Services, Monday to Friday; Quarterly deep cleaning services; Office fumigation, Pest control,
LOT 10: Courier Services & Forwarding and Clearing Services
Local and International Services
Forwarding and clearing
Clearance of shipments from points of entry into the country
LOT 11: Vehicle Services, Spare Parts and Tyres
Vehicle services and spare parts
Servicing of vehicles and provision of vehicle spares parts.
Vehicle Tyres / Alignment and balancing
Supply of vehicle tyres of various sizes, providing vehicle wheel alignment and balancing.
Vehicle Fuel/ Oil and Lubricants
Supply of fuel / oil and lubricants in Lusaka, Western Province, and Southern Province
LOT 12: Vehicle Tracking
Fleet Management and Tracking
Vehicle Satellite tracking, fleet and fuel monitoring services
LOT 13: Security Services
Day and Night Guard Services; Rapid Response, Alarm System
Day and Night guard services – Choma, Livingstone, Mongu and Lusaka
Rapid Response Services – Mongu, Choma, Livingstone, and Lusaka
Alarm System (Lusaka, Choma, Livingstone and Mongu)
LOT 14: General Trading
Vendors to list what they are able to supply
To be eligible, applicants must attach the following documents to support their application:
1. A detailed company profile with physical business address and contact details
2. Certificate of Registration / Incorporation
3. Valid Tax Registration Certification
4. TPIN Registration Certificate
5. Valid practicing license from Pensions and Insurance Authority (PIA) – (for insurance companies)
6. At least three months’ latest bank statement
7. Proof of past and current trade references (minimum of 3 references)
8. Payment terms – preferably 14 – 30 days after delivery or service provision
9. Payment methods – Telegraphic transfer preferred
10. Application must clearly state the area of specialization and category to be registered under.
11. Any other information relevant to product/service
Max Points Criterion
1. 35 Price, inclusive of all delivery, fees, taxes, and other charges
2. 40 Quality of goods, factoring in vendor reputation
3. 10 Payment Terms (10 points for payment 30 calendar days after
delivery, 0 points for full payment in advance, other terms will
obtain points accordingly)
4. 15 Delivery terms, relative to delivery date and address noted above
All quotations must:
- Contain a detailed cost with applicable taxes and other charges clearly identified.
- Provide requested payment terms and conditions.
- Describe the qualifications, experience, and capabilities of the firm (or consultant) in providing the type of goods or services being requested.
- Provide at least 3 references for similar procurements with a description of the goods or services provided and the dates of delivery.
- Include a contact name, email address, and telephone number to facilitate communication between TechnoServe and the vendor.
- For quotes from a firm, provide a brief outline of the company and services offered, including:
o Full legal name, jurisdiction of incorporation, and address of the company.
o Full legal name and country of citizenship of company’s President, Chief
Executive Officer, and/or all other principal officers of the company.
o Year the business was established.
- If a consortium of firms or a team of consultants submits a quote jointly, the above information should be provided for each member of the team.
- To ensure consideration, all quotes must be submitted in the following language and currency, and by the due date noted below:
All quotes must be emailed to the address below with your quote attached in one or more files (PDF preferred). You will receive an auto-confirmation upon receipt. DO NOT email your quote to any employee of TechnoServe or deliver your quote in hard copy to a TechnoServe office. Failing to adhere to these instructions may make your quote ineligible for consideration.
Order of Events: This procurement will be administered in accordance with the following dates (subject to change at TechnoServe’s sole discretion):
Last date that questions and notice of intent to bid will be accepted. Questions and answers will be distributed to all known interested parties, so questions should not disclose confidential information, and all interested parties should submit a notice of intent to bid by this deadline to ensure they receive a copy of TechnoServe’s response to questions.
Questions and/or notice of intent to bid should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date that answers to questions will be distributed to all known intended bidders.
Last date that quotes will be accepted by TechnoServe.
Terms and Conditions:
- The Request for Quotation is not and shall not be considered an offer by TechnoServe.
- All responses must be received on or before the date indicated on the RFQ. All late responses will be rejected.
- All unresponsive quotes will be rejected.
- All quotes will be considered binding offers. Your quote must be valid for acceptance for a minimum period of 90 days from the closing date of this solicitation.
- All awards will be subject to TechnoServe contractual terms and conditions and contingent on the availability of donor funding.
- TechnoServe reserves the right to accept or reject any quote or cancel the solicitation process at any time, without assigning any reason, and shall have no liability to any vendors submitting quotes for such rejection or cancellation of the RFQ.
- TechnoServe reserves the right to accept all or part of the quote when awarding the purchase order/contract.
- All information provided by TechnoServe in this RFQ is offered in good faith. Individual items are subject to change at any time and all known intended bidders will be provided with notification of any changes.
- TechnoServe reserves the right to require any bidder to enter into a non-disclosure agreement.
- Bidders are solely obligated to pay for all costs which may be incurred by the bidder or any third parties in connection with preparing the quote.
- All quotes and supporting documentation shall become the property of TechnoServe and shall be treated confidentially.
- Bidders are required to identify and disclose any actual or potential Conflict of Interest.
The attached Specifications Sheet represents an integral part of this solicitation.
novel methods, approaches or concepts demonstrated by the proposal
scientific, technical, or socio-economic merits of the proposal
potential contribution of the proposal to the contracting authority's mission;
capabilities, related experience, facilities, or techniques of the private entity or unique combinations of these qualities that are integral factors for achieving the proposal objectives;
qualifications, capabilities, and experience of the proposed team leader or key personnel, who are critical to achieving the proposal objectives:
how the proposal benefits the public; and
any other factors appropriate to a particular proposal.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the successful bidder and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with Public Private Partnership Act No. 14 of 2009 as amended and the issued Request for Competing Proposals (RCP). Interested parties may obtain further information on the RDA website or at the address below during office hours from Monday to Friday, 09.00 hours to 16.00 hours. Eligible bidders may inspect and/or purchase the RCP document from the Road Development Agency Head Office at a non-refundable fee of US$25,000.00 in cash or bank certified cheque or bank transfer, and the bank details are as follows
Account Name: ROAD DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
Account Number: 0012021000003 090001
Sort Code: 090001
Swift Code: INZAZMLX
Bank Name: INDO ZAMBIA BANK
Branch: Lusaka Main
Account Currency: USD
USAID | ZAM Health Project is seeking requests for proposals from reputable vendors in the provision of warehousing and repackaging services for pharmaceutical products Through this process, interested organizations will receive the Request for Proposal (RFP) and participate in the bid process leading to the award of contract(s).
The full RFP can be obtained by emailing your request to email@example.com by August 12, 2022 at 12:00 hours. Proposals in response to this RFP must be submitted by the above referenced closing date (August 19, 2022- 14:00 hours) and in accordance with the RFP requirements.
This procurement is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and is subject to all applicable Federal Rules and Regulations and Provisions All interested vendors should meet the regulatory requirements to undertake business in Zambia