Assessment and placement Officer
Jobs at:Family Legacy Missions Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 21 2023
Date Posted:Friday, April 21 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The overall responsibility of the A&P Officer is to conduct intake and reintegration assessments and facilitate admissions and reintegration of children.
Dimensions of the Role:
• Procedures, processes and applications support
• Systems support: Responsible for carrying out assessments
• Policies and procedures: Provide support towards the implementation of policies, procedures, and systems to support ministry operations and ensure compliance.
Responsibility of the Assessment and Placement Officer:
• Responsible for ensuring that at-risk children are assessed for best placement.
• Responsible for coordinating admissions with the Department of Social Welfare, Tree of Life Administration, and transitional Facility Mothers.
• Facilitate the admission process at the residential facility.
• Work with Community and Family Strengthening officers on engaging parents and guardians on children admissions.
• Ensure caretaker consent is obtained
• Responsible for ensuring that all eligible children are informed about Reintegration, participate in the development of the care plan, family tracing, and post reintegration visits,Conduct reintegration assessments with Social Welfare.
• Work with Community and Family Strengthening Officers on assessing home situations.
• Ensure that the child is reintegrated into a safe home and environment.
• Work with ToL in developing care plans for all Tree of Life children.
• Update care plans provided by social welfare.
• Trace primary guardians or alternative relatives for the children.
• Confer with the family in instances where willingness and acceptance of the child becomes a problem.
• Strengthen family by encouraging visitations and making regular contact with caretaker.
• Find alternative place for the child when tracing is not successful.
• Work with Community and Family Strengthening officers on conducting post-reintegration home visits.
• Plan and distribute the reintegration package.
• Work with Community and Family Strengthening Officers on implementing empowerment activities.
Communication & Reporting
• Communicate to relevant staff and stakeholders when a child is admitted, or is reintegrated; work in collaboration with the MDT Coordinator.
• Report regularly to the immediate department Supervisor and prepare weekly and monthly report.
• Engages Social Welfare on matters that concern Tree of Life.
• Conducts reintegration assessments.
• Participates in Tree of Life holiday release day.
• Works with Child monitoring on child admission recommendations.
• Ensure reports are submitted on a weekly or monthly basis.
Skills Specific to the Post
• Demonstrate commitment to FL mission, vision, and values.
• Must have no previous convictions of harm to a child.
• Must have undergone training on Child Protection from Family Legacy.
• Share knowledge and experience.
• Actively work towards continuing personal learning and development and apply newly acquired skills.
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive constructive attitude.
• Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
• Remains calm, in control, and good-humored even under pressure.
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
• Responds positively to critical feedback and offers points of view.
• Solicits feedback from co-workers about the impact of his/her behavior.
• Ability to network and be relational.
• Ability to work effectively with others on a team and be accountable for any decisions made.
• Adhere to deadlines
• Must have a valid class C driver’s license
• Exhibits and promotes Christian principles of servant leadership.
• Promotes innovation and learning amongst team members to achieve goals.
• Creates strong direction for own part of the organization to serve the needs in the overall Family Legacy context.
• Contributes effectively to the work of other departments and the ministry.
• Aware of own strengths, and weaknesses and proactive in using feedback for self-development.
• Aware of impact on others and uses impact to create a positive work environment.
• Positive about change and able to cope well with ambiguity and support others in doing so.
Educational Qualification and Experience
• Full Grade 12 certificate
• Diploma and/or Degree in Social Work or relevant social science.
• At least 3 years of work experience in the related field.
• Competency in computer skills (MS Word, Excel, etc)
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Follow the link here and complete the application process by sending your CV and qualifications clearly labeling the position applied for in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 21st April 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.