Vacancy title: 13 Bank Teller[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Banking , Category: Commercial Banks ]
Jobs at: Investrust Bank Plc (IBP)
Deadline of this Job:
22 July 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of the Job
To Dispense and receive cash and related instruments and provide customer service to walk-in branch customers.
• Dispenses and receives physical cash, cheques and other financial instruments over the counter to/from walk-in customers.
• Processes foreign currency cheques, either by issuing or depositing such cheques.
• Ensures all the required information for transactions is accurate and complete in accordance with the banks procedures, before processing transactions. This includes verifying the date, bank name, customer’s ID and validity of the cheque. Checks if amount in figures and amount in words agree, and that customer has sufficient funds etc.
• Refers any concerns to the Team Leader Cash or Branch Operations Officer for follow-up and decision-making on whether or not to proceed.
• Refers any transactions in excess of teller limits to the next level for authorization.
• Captures all transactions on the Bank’s system and ensures that all transactions are properly authorized before processing them.
• Carefully counts all cash received or dispensed to ensure that errors are avoided.
• Assists customers to correctly complete transaction documentation such as deposit or withdrawal slips to ensure accuracy and completeness of these documents.
• Provides advice to customers on the cash process to ensure the smooth flow of transactions. • Attempts to resolve customer enquiries at the first instance by using the Bank’s systems. • Explains the Bank’s procedures, security requirements (such as the requirement to provide sufficient ID when transacting) as well as services to customers.
• Informs customers of the value of using the Customer Feedback system, including explaining to customers how the Bank uses their feedback to improve service.
Qualifications and Experience
• Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels with Credit or better in Mathematics and English. • Diploma in a business related field including Banking and Finance, National Accounting Technician Certificate and ZICA Technician.
• Minimum of one (1) year experience in a Banking Hall environment either as Cashier or Inquiries Officer.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.