Vacancy title: 2 Assistant Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Public Administration, and Government , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at: Ministry of Home Affairs and Internal Security
Deadline of this Job:
19 July 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Office of the Commissioner for Refugees is a Department under the Ministry of Home Affairs and Internal Security charged with the responsibility of managing the asylum processes in Zambia and overseeing the welfare of refugees.
The Department, under the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) supported project, would like to recruit outstanding, results oriented and self-motivated; versatile and a professional individual of high personal integrity with appropriate academic and professional qualifications and experience for its Meheba and Mantapala Refugee Settlements in Kalumbila and Nchelenge districts respectively.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent shall carry out retirements of funds and bank reconciliations. The Officer will be required to be preparing bank transactions involving banking, withdrawing and reconciliations. Specifically, the Assistant Accountant shall be accountable to the Project Accountant for the following:-
• Preparing bank reconciliation statements on a monthly basis and submitting them to the Accountant in Lusaka.
• Requesting for funds on a timely basis for the smooth running of the project.
• Prompt retirements of funds
• Participating in budget planning, monitoring and review.
• Ensure correct amounts are computed for cash withdraw of funds from the bank accounts.
• Office management at field level.
• Preparing monthly payroll for field workers.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Level II of ZICA/ACCA/CIMA (Bachelor’s degree in Accounting)
• Full Grade Twelve Certificate with credits or better;
• Minimum of 2-3 years relevant work experience;
• Good interpersonal communication skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication;
• Good analytical and problem solving skills;
• Excellent computer skills;
• Must be a paid up member of ZICA
a) Work experience in Accounts role;
b) Good knowledge of bookkeeping procedures
c) Work knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft application;
d) Good organisational and time management abilities
e) Flexible in handling enquiries;
f) Possess the highest levels of personal integrity;
g) Analytical and problem solving skills;
h) Reliable, Honest and Hardworking;
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
NOTE: Interested candidates who meet the stated requirements, should send an application letter accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), academic and professional and three traceable professional/work related referees with working contact numbers addressed to: –
The Commissioner for Refugees
Ministry of Home Affairs and Internal Security
Office of the Commissioner for Refugees,
1 Chipoma Road,
P.O. Box 50997,
The closing date for receiving applications is 19th July, 2022 by 17:00 hours.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.