2 Assistant Accountant
Jobs at:Road Development Agency (RDA)
Deadline of this Job:
02 September 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Road Development Agency (RDA) is a statutory body whose function is to plan, manage and coordinate the road network in the country. The Agency is responsible for care, maintenance and construction of public roads in Zambia. It also regulates the maximum permissible weights on roads, conducts studies for the development, maintenance and improvement of the road network, and reviews design standards and classification.
In order to implement this mandate, the RDA now wishes to fill up the following vacant positions:
1. Assistant Accountant (2 Positions) Western And Eastern Provinces
(i) Job Purpose
Reporting to the Regional Accountant, the Assistant Accountant will assist the Regional Accountant in the preparation and coordination of all accounting work in the Region. The Assistant Accountant will also ensure that all relevant books of accounts are accurately maintained and that the requisite information is promptly availed to management and in a suitable format.
(ii) Key Responsibilities and result areas
• Receiving cash and banking it promptly;
• Initiating payments in line with approved budget line;
• Maintaining Petty Cash and filing all accounting documents and correspondence;
• Initiating Journal entries and Updating the Cash Book;
• Sending both hard & soft copies of all deposit slips of revenue and incomes;
• Sending copies of retirement of funds received for various projects and operations;
• Perform banks reconciliations ,cash and petty cashbooks;
• Update the Regional fixed assets register on regular basis;
• Prepare periodic and ad-hoc reports;
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
(iii) Qualifications and Attributes
• Grade Twelve (12) Certificate
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or;
• ACCA level 2; or
• CIMA level 2; or
• NATECH or;
• ATD or equivalent.
• Minimum of two (2) years experience;
• Registered Member of the Zambia Institute of Certified Accountants (ZICA)
Attractive remuneration will be offered to the successful candidates. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested Zambian citizens should send applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae in a sealed envelope clearly stating the position applied for in the RDA to:
The Director & Chief Executive Officer
Road Development Agency
P.O. Box 50003
Fairley Road, Ridgeway,
Closing date for submission of applications is 2nd September 2022. Applications sent through email or fax will not be accepted. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.