Vacancy title: 2 Drivers[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Public Administration, and Government , Category: Transportation & Logistics ]
Jobs at:Electoral Commission of Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
28 October 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Electoral Commission of Zambia seeks to recruit two (02) qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill in the positions of Drivers.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To transport staff and/or goods as assigned by the supervisor.
The Driver will report to the Head Driver.
• Full Grade Twelve (12) Certificate or its equivalent
• A minimum of class of Driver's License (C) 5 years' experience in a quasi-government institution
• Able to drive trucks of greater than 16.000 kg Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) Knowledge of auto-mechanics.
• Maintains vehicle under charge in conformance to the road safety and transport regulations
• Performs daily checks of the vehicle under charge every morning before use, such as checking tier pressure, water, oil etc., as per good driving practice and company standards in order to maintain the vehicle in good serviceable condition;
• Ensures trips are properly authorized, accurately recording all trips and refueling in the vehicle log book according to company policy or as required by the supervisor and parking only at authorized premises according to Commission policy.
• Transports authorized personnel/goods on Commission vehicles: Drives vehicle under charge in conformance to the Highway Code, showing courtesy to other road users and pedestrians,
• Reports any faults on the vehicle under charge to the supervisor and facilitates its servicing and routine maintenance according to Commission policy:
• Adheres to health and safety rules by sale-guarding vehicle, people, goods and for materials through the application of best practices and following the Road Transport and Safety Agency Rules and Regulations in conformity with Commission
• Transport policy: Promptly reports any accident to the police as required by law, and to provide a detailed report on the same to the supervisor for insurance claims and other purposes.
• To provide any special or incidental report required by the supervisor in the agreed timeframe:
• Assists with the on loading and offloading of goods as necessary Cleans the motor vehicle under charge: and performs any other related duties that the supervisor may reasonably request form time to time.
• Non-partisan Honest and reliable with moral strength.
• Proactive and innovative. High degree of integrity.
• Tact and diplomacy. Self-starter.
• Should be able to plan and work with minimum supervision.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
• Good inter-personal and communication skills
• Analytical skills Organizational skills Customer service orientation Initiative
• Team player
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their applications to the undersigned, enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and contract numbers including details of three (3) traceable referees and their contact numbers not later than 28 October, 2022.
The Acting Chief Electoral Officer
Electoral Commission of Zambia
Elections House, Haile Selassie Avenue
P.O. Box 50274
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.