Vacancy title: 2 Program Support Assistant – Administration and Driving[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Admin & Office ]
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, April 13 2023
Date Posted:Thursday, April 13 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty, and achieve social justice. We seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live with dignity and security. We put women and girls at the center because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities.
CARE International in Zambia and its programme partners will implement a BMU-IKI funded project: Community-Based Adaptation: Scaling up Community Action for Livelihoods and Ecosystems in Southern Africa and Beyond (CBA-SCALE Southern Africa+) between 2023 and 2028. The overall objective of the intervention is to build climate resilience, including: the integration of adaptation (incl. disaster risk reduction) in policies, planning and budgets at different levels; promote actions to build climate resilience and address climate risks in key sectors such as water, agriculture, fisheries; strengthening climate information, early warning and disaster management systems; and ecosystem and biodiversity protection; among others. The expected outcome of the project is increased resilience to climate change, for all genders and social groups, in all the 12 wards of Zimba district. Inclusive, gender-responsive and nature-based planning and implementation of CBA actions will target all the 12 wards of Zimba district in managing climate-related risks to human security, livelihoods, and food security.
CARE Zambia an International Non-Governmental relief and development organization with various projects in Eastern, Muchinga, Luapula, Lusaka, Northern, and Southern provinces of Zambia, has the following seven vacancies available at Head Office in Lusaka and Zimba District.
Job Title: Program Support Assistant – Administration and Driving (2 positions).
Reports to: Project Management Coordinator
Location: Zimba, Southern Province
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
To perform a range of program support tasks in support of the CARE’s work under the CBA-SCALE Project. The duties include transporting staff/materials, managing office inventories, providing support in administrative, fleet management and Procurement tasks. This position involves working closely with the Administration and Logistics Unit, with local communities and the project Implementing Partners.
This position will report to the Administration and Logistics Manager but will be supervised by the Project Management Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To carry out logistical activities; transport staff and visitors to and from business appointments as assigned; delivers and collects mail and packages. Assists in monitoring fuel account by ensuring sufficient float for operations, reconciliation of fuel coupons and fuel account; Log all official trips and maintain a daily log of all trips, submission of quarterly vehicle usage information for purposes of fuel analysis and fleet management reports.
2. Ensure compliance to vehicle safety and security standard operating procedures; Maintains vehicle for cleanliness, ensures the vehicle is road worthy, arrange for its servicing or repair, ensure vehicle insurance and all on-road requirements are valid.
3. Carry out basic administrative duties such as mail reception and delivery, organizing venues for workshops/training sessions; schedule and confirm appointments and meetings; arrange travel schedules and make reservations, filing and photocopying of documents, completing administrative paperwork such as facilitation of advance requests and claim forms.
4. The job holder will also support facilitation of procurement of programme supplies with liaison with Head Office Procurement, completing administrative paperwork such as receipt of goods, data entry of procured items and commodities.
5. Assists in annual update of inventory of assets, maintain awareness of condition of office equipment, ensure that office equipment is functioning.
6. Monitor usage of inventories including in project sites and office supplies as well as office and non-office equipment.
7. Ensure office environment is conducive for working and complies to CARE’s standard operating procedures for facilities.
8. Ensuring that all major incidents are reported to the line Manager immediately.
9. Undertaking any other duties as assigned by the hierarchy.
Qualifications, experience, and personal attributes:
• Diploma or certificate in Business Administration or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized university or college
• Valid Driver’s License
• At least 2 years’ experience in an administrative support role of NGO or Government project/programs
• Computer literate
• Strong documentation, report writing and communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and coordinate with a variety of partners and stakeholders, maintaining harmonious and productive working relationships.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Very creative and good operational decision maker.
• This role is expected to establish and maintain open, professional, and cordial relations with the Country Office internal, and external customers. These include and not limited to.
• Administration and Logistics Coordinator, Project staff and support service units.
• populations of concern and their communities (including children, women, and girls); Civil Society Organisations; Departments and Agencies (MDAs); different levels of staff from partner and peer organisations.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Suitably qualified and interested members of the public are invited to apply. Application letters accompanied by detailed CVs and daytime contact numbers should be sent to: email@example.com.
Closing Date: 13th April, 2023
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.