2 Strategic Information Advisor
Jobs at:John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
24 October 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Strategic Information Advisor (2 Positions)
Department/Unit: Strategic Information
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Category: Full Time
Reports to: Director of Strategic Information
The USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) Activity is a five-year project to address the needs of people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those most at risk of acquiring HIV and contribute to HIV mitigation and epidemic control, improving the health outcomes of priority populations in the highest HIV-burden provinces of Zambia. USAID CHEKUP II is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH).
JSH seeks reliable and highly experienced candidates for the position of Strategic Information Advisor to be based in Lusaka, Zambia. S/he will work closely with the Strategic Information Director, technical teams and the communication advisor to develop and implement a plan for ensuring project activities and successes are based in evidence and successfully shared with key stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Support the Strategic Information Director and the communications advisor to develop high-quality project M&E deliverables, ensuring recommended processes are followed and milestones are regularly met;
• Develop and submit periodic progress reports by respective project area and the required documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, partners, donors and other key stakeholders;
• Provide direct technical assistance and capacity building in the design and implementation of the Strategic Information activities within the project-supported sites
• Work with the district Strategic Information counterparts and service providers to provide support and guidance on project strategic information activities, especially data collection, management, and analysis of DREAMS and Key population data for use in decision-making and course correction.
• Conduct routine monitoring visits to project-supported sites, perform thorough data quality verifications and data triangulation using officially accredited tools.
• Generate, analyze and interpret data that resonates with key stakeholders
• Propose strategies to increase data use and demand amongst Project, Partners, and other stakeholders.
• Participate in and contribute to the write up of quarterly reports, annual work plan and other reports as well as relevant internal and external meeting;
• Oversee the tracking and monitoring of the project annual workplan
• Bachelor’s Degree in demography, public health, social and economic development, public administration, international health or related fields, Master’s degree in related disciplines is preferred
• At least 5 years experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of USAID-funded or HIV/AIDS projects.
• In-depth working knowledge of USAID/ PEPFAR DREAMS and/or Key Population indicators and program reporting requirements.
• Demonstrated experience with USAID (DATIM), DHIS2 and other Health Management Information Systems and electronic medical records systems.
• Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through informal and formal training.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise field staff to deliver quality results on time.
• Experience in data analysis and management, presenting highly statistical reports to different audiences, and planning and implementing data quality assessments
• Ability to maintain data integrity, and security and program data files for easy retrieval and to meet data audit requirements.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders including government departments, other DREAMS and/or Key Population service providers and USAID as the donor.
• Computer proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word Processing, databases, and spreadsheets, including advanced skills in at least two of the following statistical programs: SPSS, Epi Info, Stata.
• Familiarity with business intelligence tools (Power BI, Tableau, etc) and planning and implementing surveys is desirable.
Supervision and Reporting:
The Strategic Information Advisor will work under the guidance and supervision of the of the Strategic information Director
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply please complete the application form available HERE. Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information via the application form.
Closing Date: 24 th October 2022
Please note that you do not need to apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted.
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.