3 Accounts Assistant
Jobs at:Zambia Railways Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, September 30 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 26 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Responsible for making petty cash payments and receipts including correct capture of regional overtime and other related entries.
• Maintenance of cash report.
• Ensure that all payment vouchers and supporting documents are secured against any loss.
• Ensure that all deliverables comply with regulatory guidance and professional standards.
• Ensure that a proper filling system is implemented.
• Provide technical expertise on all financial matters.
• Ensure prompt response to derailment and its effects.
• Ensure regional payroll entries are captured.
• Provide technical expertise on financial matters.
• Adherence to guiding Financial Acts.
• Adherence to safety protocols and guidelines.
• Maintenance of emergency funds.
• Maintaining petty cash imprest and ensure all reimbursements are done.
• Payments of funeral grants.
• Accurate posting of all transactions in the accounting system.
• Receipt and deposit of revenue.
• Ensure payments of petty cash expenditures.
• Ensure regional overtime and other payroll related are captured.
• Ensure departmental KPIs are met.
• Ensure variable cost are managed in line with output or production.
• Ensure efficient and effective utilization of resources.
Key Performance Indicators
• Timely capturing of all payments.
• Timely response to derailments.
• Timely preparation of cash certificate reports.
• Compliance to public Finance Acts.
• Adherence to safety protocols.
• Timely capture of payroll entries
• Timely payment of emergency funds.
• Timely capturing of transactions.
• Timely issuance of receipts.
• Timely capture of overtime
• Timely request of petty cash reimbursement when the float is at 20% of the allocated floated.
• Cost management.
• Meeting departmental KPIs.
• Numerical, Analytical and Financial skills.
• Critical thinking and Problem solving.
• Communication skills.
• Negotiation skills
• Commercial and business acumen.
• Performance and appraisal knowledge.
• Knowledge of rules, regulations, and procedures.
• Team building.
• Talent management.
• Leadership and Supervisory skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
Academic /Professional Qualifications:
• Full grade 12 certificate (5 ‘0’ levels) with credit or better in Mathematics and English
• A Diploma in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent.
• At least 2 years’ experience in a relevant position.
• Membership to a relevant professional body is a must.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
• Applicants who meet the respective stated qualifications and experience should submit their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of their academic and professional qualifications, and details of three (3) traceable referees with their contact numbers not later than 17:00hrs Friday 29th September, 2023 to both email addresses firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
• Applications must be addressed to:
• Director Human Resource and Administration
• Zambia Railways Limited
• 1st Floor Shitima House, P.O Box 80935 KABWE
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.