Vacancy title: 3 Credit Officers[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Financial Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Micro Finance Zambia Limited part of atlasmara
Deadline of this Job:
13 February 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting Line: Assistant Manager - Credit
Business Unit Credit Department
To ensure all arrears arising as a result of non-deduction by employers are collected through the alternative collection methods. Maintain a high quality performing loan book through effective off-payroll recoveries.
Key Outputs & Responsibilities:-
Follow up with clients with overdue balances.
• Maintain up to date customer list in default with the current information and customer's contact details including next of kin details;
• Write demand letters to inform customers of their overdue loan balances and follow up on repayments as agreed with the customers;
• Ensure that all defaulting customers receive signed demand notices and acknowledge receipt;
• Identify root causes of defaults through communication with the customer and employer and establish the right strategy to recover the overdue amounts. Achieve allocated monthly collection targets as provided month on month. Profiling of all non-performing loans and establish the correct strategy to recover e.g. external debt collectors, insurance claims, DDAC mandates etc
• Constant monitoring of the loan portfolio for timely identification of loans in arrears
• Provide weekly consolidated reports on the recoveries to the Supervisor.
• Negotiate payment plans/schedules with customers in line with their financial situation or capability.
• Ensure compliance with all credit approval processes and procedures
Qualifications & Experience
• Grade 12 School Certificate with 5 credits including English and Mathematics.
• Degree in Banking and Finance/Accounting from a reputable recognized institution,
• Minimum of 2-3 years of banking experience in a credit-related role is a must-have. Sound knowledge of industry best practices in debt recovery.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested Applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Be sure to include the job applied for in the subject field. Closing date: Friday, 10 February,2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.