Accountant – Paroll And Payments
Jobs at:National Institute of Public Administration
Deadline of this Job:
28 July 2023
Date Posted: Friday, July 14, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of the Job
To process staff payroll monthly and operational payments in order to ensure smooth operations at the institute.
Reports to: Senior Financial Accountant
Statements of Main Accountabilities
• Checks and approves all payment vouchers prepared
• Ensures that all statutory returns that is ZRA and NAPSA are timely prepared
• Checks the staff payroll and captures all inputs in the staff payroll
• Ensures that all monies with the cashier are properly banked/deposited
• Analyses daily reports and monthly reports for the cashier
• Supervises the cashier’s office
• Processes staff payroll and monthly operational costs
• Computes terminal benefits/ Gratuities for staff
• Liaises with various banks on operational payments and staff salaries
• Confirms bank payments
• Processes Microfinance loans for Fund members
• Payment of Statutory and Early retirement benefits according funding received or allocated.
• Reconciles monthly payroll before payment
• Ensures that all account heads are properly coded
• Assists the Superior in updating the fixed asset register
• Approves journal vouchers
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with at least five (05) credits or better including Mathematics and English.
• ACCA, CIMA or ZICA finalist or equivalent.
• Four (04) years relevant work experience.
• Computer literacy i.e., Microsoft Excel & Word.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Numerical and computation skills
• Decision making and problem solving skills
• ZICA Membership
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants should submit their applications, Certified copies of the qualifications and detailed Curriculum Vitae with three (3) traceable referees contact details. All applications and accompanying documents should be enclosed in the envelope with the position clearly labelled on one side of the envelop and sent in hard copy to the address below. Applications should reach NIPA not later than Friday, 28th July, 2023.
National Institute of Public Administration
P O Box 31990, Plot No. 4810 Dushanbe Road
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.