Accountant / Controller
Deadline of this Job:
15 June 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Title: Accountant / Controller
Reports to: Finance Manager
He/She is responsible for applying accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
1. Financial reporting
• Prepare weekly financial summaries of both revenue and expenditure results for the week. These must be analyzed according to respective account titles and reconciled from the necessary trackers.
• Preparation of monthly reports in an accurate and timely manner. Data must be reconciled with respective departmental heads and ESs to avoid conflicting information.
• Verification of all reports posted in quickbooks by accounts assistant before submission to FM & Timely preparation of audit schedules
• Preparation on monthly payroll
• Maintain an accurate record of financial transactions
• Update and maintain the general ledger
• Reconciliation of entries into the accounting system
• Recording of debits and credits
• S Maintain the trial balance, by a reconciliation of general ledgers
• Account reconciliation to assert the accuracy of transactions
• Use knowledge of local laws to comply with reporting requirements
• Monitor any variances from the projected budget
• Accurate and timely computation and preparation of PAYE and NAPSA Schedules
• Submission and payment of NAPSA, PAYE, WHT to respective government authorities.
• 3. Ensure adherence to internal controls
• Critical analysis of CCOs reports for accuracy and completeness. This should be done "with attention to detail" and verification in different trackers.
• Reconciliation of relevant information, i.e bank reconciliations, trackers reconciliations, fuel trackers reconciliations. This is to detect possibility of errors.
• Ensure that all payments made are properly supported by LPOs, Invoices, Vouchers, Minutes, receipts books and are within the approved budget.
• Processing payments: Ensure that all justifiable payments are processed in time to support execution of activities
• Supervision: ensure that the accounts assistant performs the required tasks diligently.
• Spot checks and cash counts. Ensure that spot checks are done for cash, stock and fuel. This should be done atleast twice a month.
• Filing: Ensure that all financial records are properly filed in their respective files.
• Qualifications &
• Degree in from a recognized Accounting Institution or equivalent is desirable
• Part or full professional qualification (CPA, ACCA)
• Previous experience in a business environment and sales.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles
• Knowledge of economic principles
• Knowledge of Ms Office applications
• Knowledge of auditing practices and principles
• Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations
• knowledge and experience of accounting computer applications
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Planning and organizing
• Strategic thinking
• Strong communication skills
• Information and task monitoring
• Problem identification and analysis
Get the latest jobs straight to your email
Your email address..
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Only Candidates who meet the above requirements are encouraged to apply. Applications can be sent to the following email address - email@example.com Closing date for applications is 15 June 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.