Accountant (Mining & Engineering)
Jobs at:Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
Deadline of this Job:
21 October 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Accountant will be responsible for handling budget preparations, analyzing financial data and handling all statutory obligations. Lead and orchestrate all necessary accounting responsibilities as needed to maintain an impeccable Finance environment.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
• Monitor General Ledger posting by ensuring that they are posted to the correct accounts and correcting them bypassing and reversing journals/documents
• Preparing financial statements of the business at the end of each financial cycle or the intervals decided by the authorities of the organization.
• Maintaining financial procedures consistent with Treasury and other directives.
• Monitor all payments and ensure correct taxes are computed and paid on time to avoid penalties and blocking of accounts.
• Assisting line managers in establishing a culture of high performance, professionalism and continuous improvement that encourages individuals and teams to identify opportunities and solutions to improve service delivery
• Liaise with the Chief accountant on matters to do with computation and processing of PAYE, License fees, Company Tax and VAT and ensuring payments are made on time.
• Contributing to providing effective leadership to foster initiative, promote and build effective teams, achieve outcomes and meet the deadline
• Analysis of General ledger accounts on a monthly basis and recommend necessary action on old outstanding balances/items.
• Matching general ledger accounts and clearing and reducing the number of open items.
• Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to the monthly close schedule
Required Skills and Personal Attributes
• Good interpersonal communications skills
• Service orientated
• High Integrity
• Deadline driven
• Sober Minded
Qualifications and Experience
• Full ACCA /CIMA/CA Zambia
• A degree in Finance or Accountancy will be a plus
• Must have at least a minimum of 4-6 work experience in the same capacity working for a MINE
• Having worked for a Mining Company or Engineering Firm will be an added advantage.
• Able to work in a team
• Should have proven supervisor experience.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Must be a member of ZICA
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to email@example.com and copy-in firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Do not send certificates at this stage
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.