Jobs at:Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission
Deadline of this Job:
17 June 2022
Date Posted: Monday, June 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission a Body Corporate established under the Citizens’ Economic Empowerment Act No. 9 of 2006 to enhance broad-based economic empowerment, foster citizens’ economic ownership, control and management of economic resources, as well as to promote economic empowerment of targeted citizens is inviting applications from suitably qualified Zambians to fill the following position:
Accountant Treasury (1 Position) – Lusaka
Reporting to the Budget & Finance Manager, the ideal candidate will be responsible for accounting and preparing financial statements on the Citizens Economic Empowerment Fund (CEEF), as well as for the Commission’s equity positioning and money market transactions. The Accountant Treasury will also operate the dealing window of the Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports related to the CEEF and the Commission’s equity positioning and money market investment transactions, in order to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
• Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements related to the CEEF and the Commission’s equity positioning and money market investment transactions.
• Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice related to the CEEF and the Commission’s equity positioning and money market investment transactions.
Report to management regarding the financing of the CEEF and the Commission’s equity positioning and money market investment transactions.
• Establish charts of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts for the CEEF and the Commission’s equity positioning and money market investment transactions.
• Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs related to the CEEF and the Commission’s equity positioning and money market investment transactions.
• Optimizing Information Communication Technologies, develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems related to the CEEF and the
• Commission’s equity positioning and money market investment transactions.
• Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel, and direct their work activities related to the CEEF and the Commission’s equity positioning and money market investment transactions.
• Monitor CEEF operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions.
• Advice Management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts related to the CEEF and the Commission’s equity positioning and money market investment transactions.
• Facilitate internal and external auditing activities related to the CEEF and the Commission’s equity positioning and money market investment transactions.
• Investigate bankruptcies and other complex financial transactions and prepare reports summarizing the findings.
• Appraise, evaluate, and inventory real property and equipment, as well as undertake business valuations in relation to managing the CEEF and equity positioning, recording information such as the property’s description, value, and location.
• Analyze and anticipate the Commission’s need for cash to ensure that adequate funds are available when needed.
• Prepare plans for the provision of such funds and make recommendations concerning the sources of such funds.
• Establish and maintain systems and procedures for monitoring the Commission’s daily inflow and outflow of cash.
• Assist in managing the Commission’s relationship with local and overseas banks and other financial institutions.
• Establish and maintain efficient banking arrangements necessary for the management of Commission balances and other funds.
• Monitor prices available on banking products and services.
• Assisting in carrying out the bank’s settlements function.
• Monitoring position balances.
• Identify and establish hedge positions to mitigate against risk positions.
• Grade 12 certificate;
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Full ACCA or equivalent accounting qualification;
• Member of ZICA;
• Working knowledge of Pastel Evolution software, without supervision, is a requirement;
• At least 5 years’ experience producing financial statements and facilitating internal and external audits
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates meeting the above profile should submit application letters enclosing an updated Curriculum Vitae and copies of the academic and professional certificates to the following address not later than 17 June 2022.
*The applications must be submitted in a sealed envelope indicating the position being applied for.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two weeks after closure of the application period. Those who will not hear from us in the stated period should consider themselves unsuccessful.
The Director General
Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission
Plot 6457, Los Angeles Boulevard
P.O Box 35068
To apply for this job please visit www.ceec.org.zm.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.