Jobs at:ASA Microfinance Zambia Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
15 July 2022
Date Posted: Monday, July 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ASA Microfinance Zambia Limited is a non-deposit taking microfinance institution limited by shares incorporated on 22nd August 2014. The company aims at empowering the poor Zambians for the improvement of their socio-economic condition and poverty reduction by the sustainable microfinance program.
ASA Microfinance Zambia Limited is a subsidiary of ASA international group plc and is listed (premier) on the London Stock Exchange. With over 3000 branches in Asia and Africa combined, ASA International has keen interest in opening several more branches in Zambia.
To cater for this growing need we are seeking for an experienced, self-motivated and energetic resource to fill the position of Accountant
• Prepare full set of Financial Statements (Monthly, Quarterly and Annually)
• Prepare vouchers (Income, Expenses and journal) and other business documents
• Cash Book posting, bank reconciliation and reconcile balance sheet items
• Prepare Budget – implement Budget and monitor budgetary allocation and control
• Prepare payroll, payroll journals and posting
• Prepare various accounts reports at Group level
• Prepare various reports required by industry regulatory authority
• Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget level and ensure expenditure control
• Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients. Resolve accounting discrepancies
• Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company’s automated systems
• Interact with internal and external auditors in completing Audits
Academic & Professional Qualifications:
• Degree in Accounting
• Professional qualification in ZICA, CA, ACCA or equivalent is an added advantage.
• Valid registration with Zambia Institute for Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
• Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience
• Experience with Microfinance will be an added advantage
• Highly analytical and pay attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written
• Excellent skills in MS Office
• Commitment, highly motivated and ethical
Compensation & Benefits
• Gross monthly salary of ZMW 10,000.00.
• 10% salary increment for each year served
• 2-year Contract (Renewable; Performance dependent)
• Location is Lusaka
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please write a cover letter, enclosing your latest CV, attaching the relevant certificates and email to: email@example.com
Closing date for all applications will be is Friday 15th July 2022
“ASA Microfinance Zambia limited aims to attract and select a diverse workforce, ensuring equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective race, age, gender, class ethnicity, disability, location, and religion. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply”
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.