Jobs at:Afrobak Investment Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2022
Date Posted: Friday, September 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Who we are
Afrobak Investment Ltd is a privately owned company incorporated in 2017 by a group of friends who have been in the logistics industry for over 10 years. From a humble beginning of a weekly consolidated truck from a house in Johannesburg in the Republic of South Africa to Lusaka , Zambia .We have grown and have now established an office and warehouse in Johannesburg and have just opened up a branch in Dar-es Salaam Tanzania besides the Zambia office.
We are specialized in break bulk road freight, road freight console, dedicated loads, customs clearing and export document processing, RIT and Insurance brokerage.
A wealth of experience and industry expertise sees Afrobak at the forefront of the industry developments, whilst maintaining our strong foundational principles- If you perfect the basics well, everything else falls into place.
The Accountant will be in charge of a wide range of accounting duties, including general bookkeeping, accounts payable and receivable. This position manages incoming payments as well as outgoing bills and invoices, including preparing and mailing invoices to customers, posting payments to customer accounts, organizing and filing deposit receipts as invoices are paid, reconciling cash receipts and deposits, and preparing reports on delinquent accounts and customer payment profiles.
Responsibilities and duties
General Oversight & Strategy
• Compiles and updates business plans, budgets and strategies implementing these plans, budgets and strategies.
• Managing the organisation’s financial and other reporting mechanisms, and control and monitoring systems, to ensure that these mechanisms and systems capture all relevant material information on a timely basis, are functioning effectively and are founded on a sound basis of prudential risk management.
• Prepares and reports monthly situation analysis reports that are accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
• Ad hoc reports as requested by the MD
• Compiles Annual Financial Statements that are external audit ready
• Compiles Management statements to give management an overall indication of the affairs of the company
Sales and Customers
• Review and liaise with accounts receivable for client quotes and invoices
Liaise with customers through debt follow ups and collect receipts
Purchases and Suppliers
• Prepare Petty Cash Vouchers for payment to vendors
• Record payments and purchases in accounting information system
Cash and Bank
• Prepare petty cash reconciliations
• Prepare bank reconciliations
• Allocate bank transactions in accounting information system
• Monitor cashflows and advise MD on cash requirements and projected cash inflows and outflows
• Initiate payments from bank accounts for MD approval
• Be custodian of all corporate documentation
• Ensure all copies of corporate and accounting documentation is with MD
• Maintain a referenced filing system in accordance to nature of documentation
• Computing salaries based on fixed salaries and variable rates
• Compiling payslips for all employees
• Ensure compliance with ZRA by ensuring all tax returns and payments are up to date
Qualification, experience and skills
• Diploma or Degree in Accounting, Business or a related field with at least 3 years of experience in an accounting role.
• Previous experience within the transport and logistics industry is a plus.
• A broad understanding of all areas of management, including knowledge of finance, marketing, and communications, strategic planning, human resources, and information technology.
• Knowledge of company law and other legislation.
• Experience in contractual performance management
• Experience in handling large quantities of data
• Experience in project planning
• Relevant management qualification
• Experience in ensuring compliance with laws and regulations
• Excellent communication skills, highly articulate verbally and in writing
• Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills and experience
• Well organised and capable of meeting deadlines
• Workforce planning and development
• Leadership to motivate a staff
• Strong skills in finance and budget management
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Computer literate
• Organisational skills
• Analytical skills
• Critical thinking abilities
• Project management
• Productivity management
• Business development
• Strategic thinking
• Organisational and Coordination Skills
• Strong Communication Skills
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.