Jobs at:Altus Financial Services Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, April 30 2023
Date Posted:Sunday, April 30 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reports to: Finance Manager
He/She is responsible for applying accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
1. Financial reporting
1. Preparation of monthly reports in an accurate and timely manner.
2. Verification of all reports posted in the accounting system by the accounts assistant before submission to FM
3. Preparation of monthly payroll
4. Maintain an accurate record of financial transactions.
5. Update and maintain the general ledger.
6. Reconciliation of entries into the accounting system
7. Maintain the trial balance, by a reconciliation of general ledgers.
8. Account reconciliation to assert the accuracy of transactions.
9. Use knowledge of local laws to comply with reporting requirements.
10. Maintenance and update of the fixed asset register
11. Preparation of Loan book reconciliation
12. Ensuring that bank reconciliations are prepared on time by the assistant accountant.
2. Statutory obligations
1. Accurate and timely computation and preparation of PAYE, NHIMA and NAPSA Schedules
2. Submission and payment of NAPSA , PAYE and NHIMA to respective government authorities.
3. Ensure that annual statutory permits and licenses are paid on time.
3. Ensure adherence to internal controls
1. Ensure that all payments made are properly supported by Invoices, Vouchers, Minutes, receipts books and are within the approved budget.
2. Processing payments: Ensure that all payments are justifiable and are processed in time to support execution of activities
3. Supervision: ensure that the accounts assistant performs the required tasks diligently.
Filing: Ensure that all financial records are properly filed in their respective files.
Qualifications & Experience:
1. Degree in from a recognized Accounting Institution or equivalent is desirable
2. Part or full professional qualification (CIMA, ACCA or ZICA)
1. knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles
2. knowledge of MS Office applications
3. knowledge of auditing practices and principle
4. knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations
5. knowledge and experience of accounting computer applications
1. Class B driving license
2. attention to detail and accuracy
3. planning and organizing
4. strategic thinking
5. strong communication skills
6. information and task monitoring
7. problem identification and analysis
8. judgment and problem-solving
9. supervisory skills
11. stress tolerance
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Only Candidates who meet the above requirements are encouraged to apply. Applications can be sent to the following email address – email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.