Vacancy title: Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Accounting , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Avofin Financial Services
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 07 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 29 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The company is an International digital lending fintech operating in emerging markets and launched operations in Zambia in 2023. We offer modern online micro lending services to private individuals in the most convenient way. Successful development of Avofin has been underpinned by custom-made in-house advanced AI-technology, exceptional customer experience, efficient loan portfolio management and robust capital structure.
Due to further expansion, we are inviting suitably qualified ambitious, experienced, self-motivated individuals to apply for the position of Accountant.
The accountant will monitor and manage accounts receivables and payables related to loan portfolio management, reconcile, and accurately record disbursements and payments with company financial statements and also responsible for financial audits, reconciling bank statement, and ensuring financial records are accurate throughout the year.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Drive the implementation of the Company’s operational strategy, work plans, programs, systems, controls, policies and procedures to ensure a rigorous financial framework in alignment with Avofin’s strategic goals.
• Provide input to the development of Avofin’s budgeting guidelines, policies and procedures ensuring inculcation of best practices and alignment with local operating regulations and requirements.
• Drive the budgeting process and ensure inputs from all departments are in compliance with stated guidelines and that exceptions are escalated appropriately.
• Ensure timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual management reports to aid management decision-making process.
• Ensure on-going review, update and documentation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial forecasts, and ratio analyses.
• Ensure collaboration/interface with other departments on financial assessment of projects, business models and business plans.
• Prepare financial reports, ensuring compliance with Avofin’s accounting policies and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Implement adequate internal financial control systems and frameworks to ensure appropriate integration of business reporting requirements, the integrity of information contained in and the compliance of Avofin’s financial statements with relevant reporting regulations.
• Define and document Avofin’s credit guidelines, policies and procedures ensuring inculcation of best practices and ensure adequate monitoring and management of Avofin’s credit exposure.
• Ensure effective utilisation of Avofin’s financial resources to achieve cost efficiency.
• Proactively identify risks and define and implement strategies to prevent revenue leakage.
• Provide broad guidelines for the management of Avofin’s fixed assets from an accounting perspective, ensuring that organisational policies with respect to accounting for fixed assets are always adhered to.
• Regularly update Avofin’s accounting policies and procedures manual and ensure compliance with the same.
• Coordinate the preparation of departmental budget and approve departmental expenditure in line with approved authority limits.
• Provide overall guidance, leadership support and strategic direction in the execution of the department’s functions.
• Prepare and submit periodic reports to the CEO on the activities of the department.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the CO.
Education and Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Economics or any other related discipline.
• Relevant professional qualifications such as ACA, CIMA, ZICA, ACCA.
• Minimum of twelve (10) years relevant experience with at least three (3) in a supervisory position.
Skills and Competencies
• Good understanding of micro and macroeconomic indicators and their impact on the business.
• Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the microfinance business.
• Good understanding of foreign exchange operations and regulation.
• Proven experience in strategic financial planning and analysis.
• Advanced financial and accounting knowledge, including understanding of finance best practices and IFRS/ international accounting and financial reporting standards
• Very sound business acumen – financial and commercial knowledge.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong leadership and people management skills.
• Strong negotiation skills and influencing skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• High ethical standards and integrity.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Working knowledge of Financial Management and payroll systems.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications, consisting of your cover letter and CV only in a single document, should be sent to email@example.com. Copies of certificates need NOT be attached.
Closing date for accepting applications is Friday 8th of July,2023
* Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.