Jobs at:Citrine Limited
Deadline of this Job:
30 March 2022
Date Posted: Monday, March 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Citrine Limited is a business holding that incorporates business entities that run operations from property development, property management, consultation, mobile financial services/products, financial microfinance and general trading. The company provides accelerated careers, leadership opportunities and is driven by core values of trustworthiness, entrepreneurship, innovation and passion to excel.
Citrine Limited invites applications from suitably qualified professionals to fill the position of Accountant. An Accountant helps businesses make critical financial decisions by collecting, tracking, and correcting the company’s finances. They are responsible for financial audits, reconciling bank statements, and ensuring financial records are accurate throughout the year.
Reports to Managing Director. The incumbent will provide financial accounting support to ensure the business effectively and efficiently meets its objectives. As the business is a holding company with businesses spanning from general trading, consultancy, mobile financial markets, property development and management, emphasis for the candidate to possess financial skills that adequately collaborate among the business operations mentioned.
• Coordinate with property manager to ensure compliance to all procedures and evaluate and prepare all annual budgets and review all expense ledgers and assist in recovery reconciliations.
• Collaboration with key internal stakeholders to ensure timely execution on partner commitments
• Initiates and processes financial transactions involving income, expenses and balance sheet accounts.
• Supervision and management of sales and receipting operations
• Payments processing on staff payments, vendors, statutory and regulatory remittances, etc.
• Enforcing internal controls as stipulated in the Finance and Accounting Policy Manual and other related operating policies and procedures.
• Process monthly GL reconciliations on income, expenses, and nominal ledgers to ensure accuracy of balances reported in financial statements.
• In liaison with the General Manager, prepares the annual budget and detailed supporting schedules.
• Prepares monthly budget-to-actual financial performance appraisal reports for Management’s review and decision making.
• Prepares quarterly financial performance forecasts to year-end.
• Preparation of quarterly financial reports including the income statement, statement of financial
• Position and cashflow for Management and Board reporting.
• Preparation of annual financial statements for statutory audit.
• Maintain a comprehensive fixed assets register reconciled to the GL control accounts.
Manage compliance to statutory and regulatory obligations such as taxes, fees/levies, contributions, etc.
• Full Grade Twelve (12) Certificate.
• Degree in Accountancy or equivalent.
• Full professional qualification such as CA Zambia/CIMA/ ACCA.
• Must be a registered member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
• Minimum of three (3) years’ relevant post qualification experience, working in a busy finance and accounting environment.
• Must possess practical skills in management and financial reporting.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Planning and organizational skills.
• Teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
• Risk management skills.
• Proven results-oriented attitude.
• Very good understanding and experience of financial products and performance, including credit risk, dynamics of lending, saving and insurance would be beneficial.
• Knowledge of Mobile Money / Mobile Financial services
• Knowledge of Microfinance industry
• Knowledge of property related business
• Experience in project management and leading a team would be advantageous
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, relevant academic and professional certificates addressed to:
The Head – Human Resources
P.O. Box 38182,
And emailed to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 30th March, 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.