Vacancy title: Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Creative Touch Branding Limited
Deadline of this Job:
09 December 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Creative Touch Branding Limited
Creative Touch Branding Limited seeking accountant candidates to carry out the below duties. The accountant will be responsible for the implementation of accounting tasks, policies and procedures for the business including but not limited to the responsibilities outlined below
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The employee will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Oversee financial transactions and activities including the accounting of funds, disbursements and expenditures
• Prepare accounting vouchers (payment and journal) and ensure that all supporting documentation (invoices and receipts) are attached
• Review payments and verify that every release of funds is backed-up by supporting documents (e.g. pro-format invoices, bills) and has been authorized before submitting to authorised signatory
• Record journal entries in the QuickBooks accounting system and ensure that all financial transactions are properly coded .
• Process fund requests and internally control fund use and amounts paid using appropriate checks and controls
• Verify timesheets collected, filled out and checked by human resources/administrative manager in terms of leave records, updating accrued leave etc
• Review and verify cash disbursements from petty cash
• Prepare payroll payments for employees, including calculating, withholding and recording all applicable income taxes and other social payments based on Zambian tax rules
• Monitor financial compliance with all Zambian laws
• Notify the program manager in writing about any concerns, risks or misuse of resources and report any illegitimate expenses, misuse of funds or other false financial claims
• Keep all sensitive financial information confidential
• Perform other duties as assigned by the program manager
• A degree/Diploma in Accounting
• Mastery of QuickBooks
• Minimum seven (3) years of experience in financial management or equivalent.
• Sufficient knowledge of accounting standards and government of Zambia tax laws and regulations.
• Good administrative and organizational skills; record keeping and filing systems. Good problem solver, self-starter, creative and innovative, good communication, leadership and reporting skills.
• A strong command of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, QuickBooks and other relevant computer applications.
• Fluency in English required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please apply by sending your CV and relevant supporting documents to email@example.com or whatsapp 0968875038/48 with “Accountant” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.