Vacancy title: Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Information Technology , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at: DAI Global LLC
Deadline of this Job:
19 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Accountant is a key member of the finance team. He/She will play a pivotal role in assuring adherence to financial policies, project policies and procedures, regulations, controls, and reporting systems. The Accountant will provide accounting support to the project office and ensure compliance of all relevant accounting and financial reporting functions. Responsible for recording costs and day to day general accounting, accounts receivable/payable, payroll, assuring all backup documentation is audit ready, and supporting the Finance Manager with all financial functions.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Policies & Procedures
• Ensures that accounting practices are carried out in accordance with GAAP standards; project internal controls are implemented in accordance with DAI policies, USAID rules/regulations, and the terms of the contract.
• Uses DAI’s Field Accounting system (FAS), cloud software for backup documentation, and DAI’s operations system (TAMIS).
• Communicates with the Finance Manager and Project Management on troubleshooting technical issues.
• Conducts daily reviews of backup documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and full compliance with DAI policies and procedures.
• Maintains file management systems for soft and hard copy documentation.
• Performs regular spot audits on project files.
• Scans and uploads voucher files to DAI’s repository for the electronic archival of financial documentation.
• Assists in preparing information for any financial reporting requirements, or internal reports as necessary
General Accounting/Financial Support
• Prepares weekly cash-flow forecasts for approval and prepares fund replenishment wire requests.
• Prepares invoices, advances and reimbursements, checks, and wire transfer payments for approval and processing, ensuring accuracy and timely execution.
• Prepares project expense vouchers (for all Zambia offices) ensuring accuracy of expense coding.
• Ensures the timely deposit of cash receipts.
• Acts as a bank agent securing petty cash replenishments and other cash needs as instructed.
• Records approved costs in DAI’s Field Accounting System (FAS).
• Prepares backup documentation for all project-related transactions, and ensures completeness and appropriate review and approvals are documented.
• Ensures petty cash is maintained according to maximum petty cash policy, and that all petty cash procedures are followed.
• Supports periodic cash counts.
• Audits travel requests and expense reports for accuracy and compliance and follows procedures to ensure accurate and timely payment and reconciliation of travel advances, reimbursements for staff and partner travel
• Provides leave of absence cover for staff as required
• Escalates any issues to his/her supervisor immediately
• Prepared to travel to project provincial offices as required
• Performs any other duties as assigned
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE AND REPORTING
• The position will be based in the Local Impact Activity’s main office in Lusaka, Zambia and will report to the Finance Manager
• There may be some travel to provincial office
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL SPECIFICATIONS
• Certified Accountancy Qualification (completed)
• B.A. Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent.
• 6+ years of relevant experience in an accountancy position
• Minimum 2 years’ experience supporting USAID-funded projects in an accountancy/finance role.
• Demonstrated understanding of applicable finance-related USG contracting regulations.
• Accuracy in working with large amounts of data.
• Ability to respond effectively to the time sensitive inquiries.
• Experience with enterprise accounting software, and Microsoft office suite.
• An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image.
• An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus.
• Fluency in English is required
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply send your CV and Cover Letter to LIrecruitment@dai.com by 17:00hrs on Tuesday July 19, 2022. No telephone inquiries. Please note that applications not meeting the above application guidelines will not be considered. Finalists will be contacted.
DAI Global LL Inc. celebrates and embraces diversity, respects cultures in which we work, and treat everyone, everywhere with professionalism and dignity. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourage qualified candidates to apply irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic background, including persons with various disabilities, apply and become a part of the organization.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.