Vacancy title: Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Education, and Training , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board (HELSB)
Deadline of this Job:
15 March 2023
Date Posted: Friday, March 03, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board (HELSB) is a statutory body established by the Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Act No. 31 of 2016 to provide for the administration, granting, investment, payment and recovery of student loans; provide for the administration and granting of scholarships; facilitate the mobilisation of financial resources for loans and scholarships, and provide for matters connected with or incidental to the foregoing.
HELSB is inviting competent, enthusiastic and qualified candidates to apply for the above position to be based in Lusaka, on permanent and pensionable terms:
a. Job Purpose
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Accountant shall undertake budget execution and financial reporting in order to ensure efficient utilization and accountability of public funds.
b. Principal Accountabilities
• Preparation of the Annual Budget in order to mobilise financial resources for the Board;
• Undertaking and supervising the effective implementation of the budget in order to ensure expenditure is within the approved budget and financial regulations;
• Undertaking and supervising the effective collection of revenue in order to safeguard public funds;
• Timely, preparation of the monthly payroll in order to meet conditions of service;
• Timely, preparation of Management Reports in order to facilitate informed decision making;
• Undertaking and supervising the periodical maintenance of the asset register in order to safeguard public assets;
• Undertaking and supervising the timely development of work plans and performance appraisal in order to monitor, evaluate and enhance performance; and
• Effectively supervising staff and other resources, in order to facilitate achievement of departmental objectives.
c. Qualifications and Experience
• Full Grade 12 School Certificate.
• Degree in Accountancy, Full ACCA/CIMA or Chartered Accountancy or its equivalent.
• Minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
• Must be a Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants.
d. Skills and Attributes
• Enhanced Technical Report Writing.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English.
• Should have: Interpersonal, Managerial, Analytical skills and Computer Literate.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates who meet the above Job Specifications and Competencies, Skills and
Attributes should send their applications enclosing their detailed Curriculum Vitae,
Photocopies of NRC, Professional and any other relevant documents in hard copy form only to:
The Chief Executive Officer Or Hand delivered to:
Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
P.O. Box 50464
Or Hand delivered to:
United Church House
Second (2nd) Floor
Closing date for receipt of applications is 15th March, 2023.
HELSB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the employment of any person on the basis of race, health, tribe, sex, political affiliation, religion or physical ability.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.