Jobs at:John Snow Health Zambia Limited (JSH)
Deadline of this Job:
17 October 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Lusaka, Zambia
• Posted 4 hours ago
• Closes: October 17, 2022
John Snow Health Zambia Limited
The Accountant is a full-time position and will be based at the HQ office in Lusaka. S/he will assist in maintaining the CHEKUP II financial accounts and systems. The Accountant will be responsible for the accounting system, expenditure projections, and expense monitoring and reconciliation. S/he will ensure cost-effectiveness, efficiency and accountability throughout the life of the Program. S/he will report to the Finance Manager
Roles and Responsibilities:
• In collaboration with the Finance Manager, assist in maintaining financial and administrative systems fulfilling all USAID rules and regulations and in line with JSI financial policies and procedures;
• Assist in tracking program activity budget(s), monitor expenditures, and help prepare financial reports for senior management and USAID;
• Assist program staff with the resolution of financial management and accounting problems;
• Assist in maintaining the monthly accounting cycle, including vendor and activity participant payments and account monitoring and reconciliation;
• Prepare all sales income reconciliations and monthly stock reconciliations, including monitoring all creditors in regard to payments.
• Ensure that staff advances for activities are processed in a timely manner;
Review advances and expense reports for all staff;
• Assist the Finance Manager to prepare the monthly cash flow projections for the central office;
Tracking and review of JSI vendors’ invoices and ensuring their timely payments;
Engage in financial and related tasks as required by the project management.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business-related field or equivalent
• ACCA,or CIMA finalist
• At least 5 years of relevant accounting and financial management ;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Experience with QuickBooks accounting system desired;
• Must be a registered member of ZICA
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality for all project and staff proprietary matters.
• Experience with USG, USAID, and/or PEPFAR funding rules and regulations.
• Proven record of systems strengthening and internal controls.
• Ability to take initiative and lead teams. Supervisory, coaching and management experience required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply please complete the application form available HERE. Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information via the application form
Closing Date: 17th October 2022
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
To apply for this job please visit johnsnowhealth.com.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.