Vacancy title: Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Information Technology , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Seaborg Tracking Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
12 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Seaborg Tracking Zambia Limited is an equal opportunity employer, it was established in 2014 in response to the growing market demand for high quality and innovative solutions at affordable prices. Seaborg has offices in Lusaka and Kitwe with Livingstone and solwezi offices scheduled for operationalization in the first quarter of 2023 we have the widest coverage and can meet country wide needs.
Providing daily accounts oversight to ensure that accounts records are complete, accurate and comply with International Financial Reporting Standards. Effecting all financial transactions, financial analysis, monthly and annual budgeting, monitoring and forecasts. Supporting programs costing, annual audit and the implementation of financial compliance controls.
• Reporting to the Office Manager, the Accountant will lead functions of accounts unit including but not limited to the following areas:-
• Payments: Maintaining payables portfolio by scheduling timely cash outflows while paying vendors on time to maintain good relationship and late payment charges.
• Revenues: Accounting for and track receivables including promises and outstanding invoices, and maintaining friendly reminding system to ensure partners pay overdue remittances on time.
• Budgeting: Supporting costing process on grants proposal, preparing and reviewing of the monthly budget, compare budgets with actual expenditure.
• Reporting: Collecting and recording financial data properly in accordance to international standard and produce required financial reports from time to time.
• Financial Controls: Continuously exercising financial controls including reconciliations, bank statements, check control compliance, fraud and theft prevention. Ensuring procedures are set up properly to manage risks on fund misuse.
• Managing accounting activities and schedule to meet the financial reporting requirements and deadlines specified by the management;
• Preparing financial statements in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards;
• Ensuring that financial transactions are in compliance with policies and procedures;
• Monitoring financial activities and advises the Office Manager of situations that may adversely affect on compliance with policies and procedures;
• Contributing to continuous improvement of internal controls environment including policies, systems and procedures;
• Identifying requirements for and develop reporting formats to aid in the management of operations and expenditures;
• Ensure monthly basis balance sheet reconciliations are completed on a timely basis and ensure that those final reconciliations and balances are reviewed with the Office Manager;
• Overseeing the internal controls for protection of assets (cash, inventory, fixed assets) through the enforcement of internal control policies and procedures;
• Maintaining current knowledge of local government requirements related to financial matters and ensures compliance with tax and pension regulations, as well as other applicable legal requirements;
• Preparing and following up the submission of monthly tax refund applications;
• Overseeing the timely preparation, review and approval of all monthly bank account and cash reconciliation’s;
• Ensuring compliance with policies and procedures on advance payments and credit terms;
• Designing and implementing systems necessary to maintain on current basis accurate forecasts of cash requirements for meeting payables, commitments and investments;
• Ensuring that cash requests are submitted timely to management;
• Supervising the collection of contractual and other receivables.
• Supporting the process of preparation and revision of budgets and grant proposals;
• Providing to management and facilitating the review of the monthly budget versus actual expenditure reports and analysis for all restricted and unrestricted funds;
• Preparing the annual and monthly cash forecasts based on approved budgets and funding.
Required Qualification & Skills
• Minimum of two years’ experience in the financial accounting area.
• Extensive experience in preparation of financial statements in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
• Extensive experience in working with computerized accounting systems, spreadsheets and database programs.
• At least a minimum of Bachelor Degree in Accounting, , Commerce or Finance;
• A professional certificate in accounting such as ZICA, CIMA or ACCA is an added advantage.
Skills and Abilities
• Must have good written and verbal skills in the English language.
• Must be able to identify and communicate potential problems and propose solutions.
• Must be able to set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous tasks.
• Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support from within the program organization.
• Must be a good communicator to support other staff.
• Good at role of facilitator and team player in solving problems.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.