Vacancy title: Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Telecommunications , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Deadline of this Job:
02 November 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
• Ensure payments are processed in time and based on appropriate documentation and approval
• Ensure accurate recording of expenses in NAV on a daily basis for Finance Manager approval before posting
• Maintain a register of staff advances and follow up on all outstanding advances
• Support the monthly financial close as needed
• Support the cash flow request process to HQ
• Assist in preparing for all internal and external audits, as well as preparing documentation for donor reporting requirements
• Adhere to systems and controls, make recommendations for improvements/adjustments
• Review of asset register on a quarterly basis
• Compilation of documents to support the donor reports
• Timely submitting of ZRA, NHI and NAPSA Returns
• Any other duties within the scope of
• Full Grade Twelve Certificate, Credit in Math’s and English
• CA Application, ACCA Level 2, CIMA Level 2
• Degree in Accounting is an added advantage.
• 3-5 Years Financial Accounting experience preferably in the NGO environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent IT skills with experience of operating computer-based financial management systems. Competent to advanced level in Microsoft Excel is a plus
• An eye for detail
• Working knowledge of donor compliance rules & regulations for the major donors (particularly DFID & USAID) is preferred
• Experience of working with and reporting to international donors, in particular, experience of managing multiple budgets at the same time is preferred
• Ability to work as part of a team and implement tasks on time while maintaining high quality
• Asset in procurement process
We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe’s vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply.
With our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
We are also proud of our commitment to protecting staff, partners, and beneficiaries from abuse and exploitation and thoroughly vet all final candidates through rigorous background and reference checks.
If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at TechnoServe please contact the Human Resources at email@example.com or call +.260766348935.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to apply now
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.