Vacancy title: Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Education, and Training , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Woodford School Lusaka
Deadline of this Job:
18 August 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To perform a full range of accounting and finance duties, including organising financial data inputs and ledger postings.
• Liaise with the Senior Accountant to ensure effective receivable and payable management.
• Deal with customers on financial related queries.
• Provide designated account reports as determined on regular basis.
• Ensure payment vouchers have complete and necessary support for authorization.
• Provide guidance and participate in systems reviews and controls to safeguard company financial resources and ensure prudent use of finances.
• Preparation of Preliminary Audit Files as supervised by the Senior Accountant.
• Posting and Updating Fixed Assets Register, and Initiate the physical verification of assets.
• Ensure that all accounting records timely updated, transactions processed and posted in Pastel.
• Undertake Bank reconciliation for specific company accounts as instructed from time to time.
• Be abreast and up to date with current trends and regulations pertaining to your accounting work and profession
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL COMPETENCIES
Preferred Academic and Professional Qualifications:
• Full Grade 12 Certificate with Credits or Better in English and Mathematics
• Qualified Accountant with ZICA, CIMA or ACCA.
• Must be a registered member of ZICA.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar capacity.
• Experienced and proficient in the use of Pastel Accounting Software or equivalent Accounting Packages.
• Preparation of monthly statutory returns and hands-on experience in the usage of ZRA ASYCUDA Tax Online System.
• High ethical standards – integrity, objectivity, professional competence and due care, confidentiality, professional behavior and compassionate
• Must be detail and action oriented.
• Dynamism and flexibility.
• Good verbal and written communication.
• Good administrative and Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to work across the organization in all business segments.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.