Accounting and Reporting Officer
Jobs at:Forest Fruits Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, October 31 2023
Date Posted: Monday, October 16 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Accounting and Reporting Officer (ARO) – An internal Accounting and Reporting role involved with both head office and our rural operating locations. This will be a broad role, responsible for the implementation of various areas of accounting and administrative tasks and will require someone who is detail oriented and with strong organizational skills to prioritize completing deadlines. Knowledge of accounting competencies and administration skills. A high-quality Accounting and Reporting officer should be able to successfully contribute to the organization’s financial efficiency while reporting accurately and maintaining records in a professional manner. For a period of 1 year with the potential for contract extensions.
30% Typical financial accounting, analysis, and budgetary reporting,
30% Implement new Management reporting to improve responsible spending and improve operational efficiency,
40% Administrative Duties, including asset management and purchase requisition,
We are a dynamic, growing company in the agroforestry sector. We are proudly owned and operated in Zambia over the past 26 years, being a national market leader in our product line. Most of our products are exported globally. Experience in a for-profit company in the agricultural sector is essential.
Your responsibilities are likely to include, but not be limited to:
• Maintain, generate, and review financial accounting responsibilities.
• Implement, and track new management reporting with the goal of improving overall performance and efficiency.
• Work with local logistical staff to ensure proper stocking levels and adherence to inventory systems.
• Preparing and reviewing budgets regularly.
• Evaluate internal management systems, procedures, and risks to provide recommendations.
• Upgrade and maintain company policies and procedures.
• Develop and manage a risk mitigation program.
• Be a good steward of company assets and encourage those around you to ensure company assets are not only looked after but are utilized in a manner that is beneficial of the company.
• Foster a company culture of responsible spending, cost control, and strategic decision making.
• A mature and professional communication style will be essential for frequent collaboration with many areas of the growing organization.
• Strong time management abilities, diligence, and organizational skills. Adaptable and flexible with an ability to respond to changing work priorities, pressures and demands.
• Strong understanding & experience in administrative systems & policies and procedures
• A Diploma/Degree in accounting or similar with 2-4 years’ experience in a similar role
• Previous working experience as an Accounting Officer/Reporting officer is essential.
• Knowledge and competency in accounting principles.
• Administration skills.
• Sound interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in MS Excel and other accounting software
Note: This role will be based in Mwinilunga district.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates from Solwezi, Copperbelt are encouraged to apply.
Send your application letter to the following firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 31st October 2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.