Accounts Assistant (Operations)
Jobs at:PEP Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
02 February 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Accounts Assistant (Operations)
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Purpose of Position: To carry out Operational accounting functions of PEP Zambia
• Ensure that invoices are approved by departmental heads before payments
• Make Payment to suppliers via Paylink and Business online systems
• Make duty payment for all imports as assessed by ZRA
• Tax payments as per submitted returns-Napsa, Vat etc
• Monitor and make payment of all monthly utility bills as they fall due, eg. MTN, Airtel, Zamtel, etC
• Supplier’s account reconciliations
• Capturing of all invoices into Account Payable module
• Review aged payable analysis report for payment and adjustments
• Attend to suppliers and ensure all queries are adequately attended to
• Balance Sheet Reconciliation for allocated accounts
• Prepare budget variance Reports and distribute to recipients
• Active participation in monthly reporting processes
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time, which has not been listed above.
Job Incumbent Requirements
• Grade 12 Secondary School
• Retail Experience would be a plus
• Computer literacy – MS Word, Excel knowledge
• English Speaking, Reading and Writing (compulsory)
• 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role will be an added advantage
• ZICA/ACCA CIMA Partially qualified or equivalent
• Core Skills needed: Honesty, Passion & Resourcefulness, Good Interpersonal communication skills, attention to details, self-motivated, stress management, problem assessment Planning & Organisation.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Closing Date: Wednesday, February 2, 2022
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your English CV to firstname.lastname@example.org address.
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks or the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.