Deadline of this Job:
30 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Scope Of Work:
The Accounts Assistant will provide accounting support to ensure efficient operation of the Regional Harmonization of Regulatory Frameworks and Tools For Improved Electricity Regulation In COMESA Project under the direct supervision of the Project Accountant and overall supervision of the Director Budget and Finance, the Accounts Assistant will be required to provide financial and accounting services relating to processing and recording of financial transactions and financial reporting.
Specific Tasks/Key Responsibilities:
1. Ensure expenditure and payment packs comply with requirements; valid supporting documents, authorizing and signing mandates reflect on documents in line with institutional approvals.
2. Apply general ledger and reporting analysis codes in capturing and recording of financial transactions.
3. Compilation of costing, supporting expenditure estimates, outstanding commitments and contracts.
4. Communicate status regarding unspent / available budget and funds.
5. Handle imprest – processing of expenditure imprest, follow ups on imprests and facilitating retirement of imprest.
6. Be aware of applicable grant management requirements.
7. Update assets and inventory of the grant; with receipts, disposals and other movements.
8. Tag all grant assets and inventory.
9. Reconcile fixed assets register to the general ledger.
10. Compile bank and fund reconciliations.
11. Update payroll expenditure.
12. Maintain financial records by ensuring all documents supporting receipts and payments are matched.
13. Filing of financial records.
14. Carry out follow-ups for receiveable and payables.
15. Support the Project Accountant in compilation and provision of information and schedules towards: preparation of monthly management accounts, budget spending reports, cashflow projections, annual accounts and managing significant risks in financial control and accounting.
16. Support Project Accountant in compilation and provision of information and schedules to facilitate audits and reviews.
17. Support Project Accountant in implementation of control findings.
18. Perform other job-related duties as directed by Division Head to achieve COMESA mandate.
1. Minimum Academic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
2. Professional Certifications/Qualifications: Minimum level 2 CIMA/ACCA / ZICA or any other Professional Accountancy Body
Skills And Experience
1. Specialized Knowledge: Knowledge of any ERP
2. Minimum Experience: Minimum 3 years relevant work experience in similar position
30 MAY 2022 AT 16:00 hours
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.