Vacancy title: Accounts Assistant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Investment , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:City Investments Limited
Deadline of this Job:
20 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
City Investments Limited seeks to recruit a dynamic and suitably qualified person to fill the position of Accounts Assistant
The purpose of the job is to provide administrative and accounting support to the Financial Accountant for day to day transactions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Posting of transactions to pastel on a daily basis
• Filing payment vouchers and other related documents
• Prepares and issues receipts to the undertakings concerned to acknowledge receipt of such payments
• Prepares monthly management accounts for regulatory income and expenses
• Reconcile sub-ledgers with general ledger, ensuring the two are synchronized monthly
• Ensure adequate filing and retention of all documents for this function
• Carry out Bank reconciliations, submission of Vat and other statutory requirements
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Good numeracy and analytical abilities
• Good planning and organization abilities
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
• Computer knowledge and application a MUST
• Must be VERY conversant with Sage Pastel
• Lead time of posting source documents (invoices, debit notes) in the accounting software.
• Grade 12 School Certificate.
• Diploma/Degree in Accounting or its equivalent
• At least two (3) years post qualifying experience.
• Paid up Membership with Zambia Institute of Chartered Accounting (ZICA) a must
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.