Deadline of this Job:
09 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 345,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development program and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you’ll develop at Deloitte.
Our Finance Department
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Accounts Assistant with a commitment to delivering excellent service, in a professional environment that fosters personal growth and inclusion.
• Manage accounts payable functions to maintain an accurate and reliable database of creditors and ensure prompt payments to suppliers. This includes prompt reconciliation of all supplier accounts.
• Preparation and Submission of all statutory obligations such as VAT, PAYE, NAPSA, NHIMA before the due date.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts
• Accounting for all accruals e.g., Leave, Staff deductions etc.
• Preparation of monthly/ yearly accrual and other balance sheet reconciliations
• Posting and reversing of accruals in a timely manner
• Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile transactions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
• Full grade 12 certificate or equivalent
• Degree in Accountancy or Full ACCA, CIMA, ZICA or Equivalent.
• Previous experience of either SAP/SAGE or other multi-module accounting packages.
• Overall appreciation of the Microsoft Office package, with an inclination towards excel.
• A minimum of 3 years working experience.
• An all-round understanding of the payroll process and prior knowledge of at least one payroll package.
• At least 2 years of payables accounting experience
• Possess strong analytical, critical & independent thinking skills.
• Must be proactive and an excellent team player.
• Attentive to detail, self-driven and quick learner
• Must have strong organizational and communication skills.
• Fully paid-up member of ZICA and professional body they belong to
Key performance areas
• Tax laws and rules.
• Delivery excellence.
• Analytical thinking and problem solving.
• Technology tools and solutions
• Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Excellent report writing skills.
• Good financial knowledge.
• Sound business acumen.
• Focus on quality and risk.
• Well-developed computer user skills.
• Hybrid & Vaccination policy
Deloitte Africa has successfully launched the Hybrid Working model. Aligned with this model is our commitment to maintain an environment for personnel, clients and visitors that is safe and, as far as reasonably practicable, free from health risks.
Medical evidence provides overwhelming and empirical evidence that vaccination is currently the most effective means of preventing the spread of COVID-19 and reducing the likelihood of serious illness, death, transmissions and infections. More information about our mandatory vaccination policy will be discussed during the recruitment process for this position.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.