Jobs at:Development Aid from People to People (DAPP)
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, August 19 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 15 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is a nationally registered NGO working with development projects within the field of education, health, agriculture and other poverty alleviation programmes. Projects are carried out in all the provinces of Zambia reaching over 1 million people. Key funding partners include the Government of Zambia, national and international development organisations (USAID, CDC, EU, Global Fund, WFP and others) as well as private sector organisations.
• DAPP in Zambia is seeking a qualified and experienced individual to fill the position of Accounts Assistant for its Clothes and Shoes Project tenable in Ndola.
• Assists in the preparation of financial statements and accounts, budgeting, managing ledgers, processing invoices and receiving of accounting documents from various shops.
Key Duties and Essential Job Functions
1. Receive and scrutinize budgets
2. Preparation and presentation of weekly budgets
3. Prepare payments for-:
o Weekly petty cash
o Shop rentals
o All project expenses, e.g. NAPSA, PAYE, WITHHOLDING TAX, etc.
o All supplies e.g. Freight Africa, Humana people to people, Child welfare, etc.
4. Monitoring and maintaining bank accounts
o Prepare schedules regarding VAT
5. Maintain proper filing of-:
o All bank instructions/correspondences
o Shop landlord’s correspondences
6. Responsible for withdrawing of petty cash and other routine cash expenses
7. Alert the Accountant on any uncharacteristic occurrences concerning daily operations
8. Help in the purchase of Project Assets for the smooth running of the project
• Grade 12 Certificate
• Certificate in Accountancy/ZICA Diploma Level 1 or better
• Knowledge of Pastel Accounting, or similar financial accounting package
• Membership of Zambia Institute of Certified Accountants (ZICA)
• At least 1-year experience
• Result oriented and dedicated to achieve goals
• Honest and reliable
• Ability and willingness to work extra hours
• Have integrity
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
• Qualified persons should submit a cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) by email to:
• Human Resources, DAPP in Zambia Headquarters, 12 Luneta Road, Northrise, Ndola
• E-mail: email@example.com with a copy to
• Copies of certificates and other credentials must not be submitted at this stage.
• The position title must be indicated in the subject area of the email.
• The cover letter and CV must be one continuous document, and the applicant’s full names must be used as the file name for the document. Please indicate your current, or last salary and benefits in the cover letter.
• The closing date for receiving applications shall be 18th August, 2023.
DAPP is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.