Jobs at:Jelumu Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, August 31 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 29 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are looking for an Accounting Assistant to perform daily accounting tasks that will support our financial team.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Will assist the Accountant in Managing the finance function of the company.
• Management and maintenance of the Fixed Assets Register.
• Assist the Accountant to adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Ensures the complete and accurate posting of transactions in the accounting system, and General Leader reconciliations.
• Undertakes daily bank and cash reconciliations of all accounts and prepares related reports.
• Undertakes accounts receivable reconciliations and preparation of related reports.
• Undertake data integrity tests on all Debtor Portfolio Accounts and prepare weekly briefs.
• Undertake payroll administration.
Requirements and Skills
• Work experience as an Accounting Assistant or Accounting Clerk
• Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures
• Familiarity with finance regulations
• High levels of accuracy with skills and the ability to spot numerical errors.
• Hands-on experience and proficiency with MS Excel and accounting software (particularly Sage Evolution)
• Analytical thinker and problem solver.
• Ability to work as part of a team and carry out instructions accurately.
• Extremely organized in a manner that is easily read by others.
• Trustworthy and discreet when dealing with confidential information.
• Grade 12 School Certificate with at least a credit in English and Mathematics. Diploma in Accountancy; ACCA/ ZICA/ CIMA Level 2 or equivalent.
• Member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountancy.
• At least 2 years work experience in Finance/Accounting or related field will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.