Jobs at:Luapula Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
02 April 2022
Date Posted: Monday, March 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Accounts Assistant
Classification: Full Time
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
The Accounting Assistant will carry out the finance administration tasks of Luapula Foundation- by providing programe, accounting and administrative support and, in addition, implement administrative procedures to ensure cost effective and timely handling of programe activities. S/he will ensure that the organization functions efficiently in all financial and administrative matters and is compliant with donor and partners requirements. This position reports to the Finance and Administration Manager.
• Ensure monthly transactions are entered in pastel General Ledger accurately and on a daily basis
• Act as a bank agent, ensuring that all monies received are deposited within the next business day.
• Process and make payments, coding payment vouchers correctly
• Keep box files for vouchers in an orderly manner for easy retrieval.
• Prepare daily cash flows
• Preparation of bank reconciliations
• Prepare advances for field activity and staff travel, ensuring proper process for disbursement of funds, correct documentation and the settlement of advances in a timely manner
• Ensure compliance with all local legal requirements, including tax, pensions and insurance
• Ensure timely payment of supplier invoices
• Facilitate procurement activities
• Make payments to ZRA, NAPSA and Personal levy on a timely basis and keep records of all such payments
• Prepare your daily time sheets
• Ensure that staff time sheets are all submitted at the end of every month.
• Any other duties as may be assigned to you by your supervisor.
Requirements and Skills
• Work experience as an Accounts Assistant or Accounts Clerk
• Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures
• Familiarity with finance regulations
• Good math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors
• High level of accuracy
• Hands-on experience with MS Excel and accounting software (e.g pastel)
• Trustworthy and discrete when dealing with sensitive, confidential information
• Basic IT knowledge
• Business studies/Ba in Accounting, Finance or relevant field, will be an added advantage
• Grade 12 School Certificate holder, with minimum ZICA Licentiate, Advanced Diploma ACCA/CIMA
• Part qualified ACCA/CIMA.
• At least two (2) years post qualifying experience.
• Licentiate Member of ZICA.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Job application procedure
Applicants are advised to submit the application (resume, covering letter, copy of license and qualifications) by close of business on 2nd of April 2022. Submit your application and necessary document to email address: email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.