Jobs at:Zambezi River Authority
Deadline of this Job:
10 January 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Zambezi River Authority is seeking a highly motivated, suitably qualified and experienced Zambian National to fill the vacant position of Accounts Clerk in the Finance Department, to be based at Head Office, Lusaka, Zambia.
To be responsible for making payments through petty cash and Zambezi Valley Development Fund (ZVDF) payment platform as well as performing bank reconciliations.
Under the supervision of the Financial Accountant, the Accounts Clerk will carry out the following key responsibilities:
• Raising petty cash vouchers appropriately supported by receipts or quotations and submitting the same to the Line Supervisor for payment authorisation
• Making petty cash payments based on duly approved petty vouchers.
• Ensuring timely preparation of petty cash reimbursement.
• Ensuring safe custody of petty cash, receipts, and other security documents.
• Ensuring timely execution of bank reconciliations and notifying the Line Supervisor of any unresolved items on the reconciliation (i.e., Bank Statement or Ledger).
• Ensuring timely issuance of receipts for all cash and cheque payments received and banking the same and ensuring correct records are maintained. Balancing receipt books and bank statements to resolve discrepancies,
• Ensuring timely raising of journals for interest, bank charges and receipts.
• Making payments for ZVDF and performing bank reconciliations thereof.
• Accounting for interest on Home Ownership Scheme loans monthly and ensuring that ledger transactions are correctly captured.
• Accounting for exchange differences during reconciliation and providing evidence.
• Ensuring timely preparation of year end audit schemes as may be assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
• Five (5) “O” Levels with Credits or “C” or better including English, Mathematics, and any Science subject.
• Diploma in Accounting/ Finance or equivalent
• Membership of an accounting professional body at any level Experience
One (1) Year of relevant experience
Other Key Competencies
• Team player
• Results Oriented
• Numerical Skills
• Customer Focus
• Effective Communication Skills
• Quality Oriented
Employment Type: Permanent and Pensionable
Please take notice that in a quest to ensure that the Authority achieves one of its strategic goals regarding workplace Gender Equity and Equality, female candidates are encouraged to APPLY.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Written application letters together with detailed CVs and certified photocopies of academic & professional certificates should be forwarded to:
Senior Manager-Human Resource and Administration,
Zambezi River Authority
Lusaka Office, (Head Office)
32 Cha Cha Cha Road
Closing Date For Receiving Applications Will Be 10th January 2022.
Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.