Jobs at:Biocarbon Partners Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, August 14 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 01 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• BCP is a leading African REDD+ Developer and conservation organization which seeks to sustainably finance wildlife and habitat conservation through the forest carbon markets. BCP’s mission is “making conservation of wildlife habitat valuable to people”. We work with Community and Government partners to help improve the conservation management of over 1 million hectares of globally significant wildlife habitats in Zambia, benefiting over 225,000 people.
• BCP is recruiting for an Accounts Intern (AI). The Location will be Lusaka. As an Accounts Intern you will be responsible for gathering financial data and preparing accurate reports. Entering data into the spreads sheets, check accuracy of financial statements, complete balance sheets, organize important files and provide support to the Finance Team. You will work closely with the Senior Finance & Admin Officer to understand our Company’s accounting practices. The Accounts Intern job also highlights strong analytical skills in cross checking and verifying financial documents. Attention to detail and data entry skills are important requirements for this role.
Stuff We’ll Trust You With.
• Assisting in collection and preparation of monthly financial reports.
• Undertaking data entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Organize a financial filing system that is easily accessible.
• Assisting the accounting Team in researching and analyzing financial data.
• Maintaining accurate and detailed inventory records.
• Performing administrative duties such as preparing invoices and updating accounting files as and when required.
• Cross-checking financial statements and data for accuracy.
• Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
Provide input into the department’s goal-setting process.
• Support month-end and year-end close processes including Audits.
• Assisting in the filing of returns.
• Support BCP department’s efforts in project planning, budgeting, and administration oversight.
• Ensure proper spending procedures, documentation, and accurate data entries into Pastel.
• Comply with all contractual commitments and ensure compliance with ZRA policies and regulations in respect of payments.
• Review invoices, expense reports, and advance requests for accurate calculations making sure the transaction is fully supported and audit ready as well as for compliance with consulting agreements, travel policies, and company procedures.
• Degree in Accounting and/or part qualified ACCA and active ZICA membership.
• Solid understanding of basic accounting and accounts payable principles.
• Proven ability to calculate, post and manage financial records.
• Accurate data entry skills.
• Ability to build good relationships with vendors and suppliers.
• Ability to prioritize and multitask.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work as part of a broader team.
• Intermediate computer software skills, including Excel and Accounting packages.
Stuff You’ll Tell People At Parties.
• Helping to conserve over 565 million trees, and with close to 7 million tons of carbon emissions reduced to date, both BCP implemented REDD+ Projects have been verified against the Verified Carbon Standard, the world’s leading voluntary Greenhouse Gas program. In 2021, the LZRP is the only project in Africa to receive 8 consecutive verifications and only the second in the World to achieve this! While it is also Africa’s first CCBA Triple Gold Project, with ‘Gold’ level verification against all three categories of the Climate, Community, and Biodiversity Standard (CCBA) for its exceptional climate change impacts and community and biodiversity benefits. The LCFP has achieved CCBA Triple Gold Validation for exceptional community impact. Awarded Best Individual Offsetting Project and Impact Monitoring Report in the World in the Environmental Finance Voluntary Carbon Markets Ranking 2021, and ranked in the top 0.5% of B Corps globally 2021, BCP offers carbon offsets with World class benefits.
• Under our 30 – Cubed goal, by 2030, BCP is set to deliver on our goal of avoiding 30 million tons of emissions annually, benefitting 3 million people, and partnering with communities across 30 million acres of globally significant wildlife habitat.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
We Even Do Benefits Differently.
• As an equal opportunity employer, a competitive salary will be offered, plus training, plus the potential for performance bonuses, plus health benefits, plus a great work culture, plus career growth, plus working with a diverse and committed team. Candidates interested in joining an innovative and high-performance team, and working towards doing amazing things in conservation technology and livelihoods, please send a CV, a cover letter, 3 reference contacts and anything else that makes your application stand out by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Accounts Intern Officer – Lusaka in the subject line. Please also send anything else that will help your application stand out. Applications are accepted from 1st August 2023. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
• If an applicant receives no response within a 30-day period, they should consider their application unsuccessful.
• To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.